FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Neatahwanta  (Read 2775 times)

KingPerch

Re: Lake Neatahwanta
« Reply #15 on: Jul 04, 2022, 07:28 AM »
The OGGO POGGO lurks in those waters of Neatahwanta!!!! True story!!!😁
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #16 on: Jul 04, 2022, 07:34 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Neatahwanta

this  is  very misleading ....again the state  has  no  warnings  on this lake  the  city  warns  of blue  algae blooms ...i have  lived  here  and fished this lake all my life  and i personally never once seen a  tigger  come out of this  lake although  in the  early 70's  some said they caught  some   ....there are  no stripped  bass in this  lake ...swimming is  not allowed  yet jet skis and kayaks  are  as is water skiing from  what i heard the  water is  naturally stained  with poor  visablity and  they  said  life guards would  not be able to recover someone  that was under water....the dredgeing  was  still  going on   however it is  a  large   suction that   sucks up  sediment off the  bottom  they start after  fish  spawning is  over and it's been a  joint operation  of the city of  fulton and the town of granby........i still fish the  lake  and yes i eat the fish and  have   noticed  no ill effects   from the  fish!

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #17 on: Jul 04, 2022, 11:19 AM »
I tried the lake this morning. I only used artificial lures, jigs, crank bait and stick bait.  Caught a small crappie on my a jig on my first or second cast.  Thought I was going to have some success. Not another bite on a jig the rest of the day. Cast out a shad rap with a rattle and trolled for a while. Hooks into something bigger but never landed it. Probably snagged a carp is my thought.  Not another bite the rest of the morning.  Disappointed again with my success.

As Trap says the water is stained. Lots of algae suspended in the water. Could only see my paddle 1/2 a foot under the water. A lot less weeds compared to the past. Did not see many fish surfacing, but did notice several turtle heads popping up and then disappearing.  My opinion of the lake has not changed, it is a big waste of time. Perhaps if I used live bait I would have done better.

gotagetm

« Reply #18 on: Jul 05, 2022, 05:28 AM »
Hey that's " Blinky" hahaha from pond at nuclear plant lol

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #19 on: Jul 05, 2022, 10:30 AM »
I thought the image was a selfy Trapper took after he ate some fish from Lake Neatahwanta or was it fish caught in front of the 9 Mile Nuclear Plant. 

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #20 on: Jul 05, 2022, 03:24 PM »
i have  caught alot of  fish in front of the   warm water discharge ......before 9-11   

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.