MFF US Northeast > New Hampshire

Off Topic Bear sightings

(1/3) > >>

Johnnh:
We are now up to 9 Bears in the past 3 weeks.
Around noon today we had a Mom with 4 cubs walk out of our neighbors driveway, walk past my place and slowly walk up the road

Last week a Mom with 2 cubs came within 50 feet of my wife while she was unloading her kayak in our driveway. The sow treed her cubs and layed at the bottom of the tree for about 2 hours until she felt safe and moved into the forest.

A week before that my son had a large male walk out in the road in front of him and he stopped to let the bruiser cross the road. This was less than a mile from my house.

We have a picture of the sow with 2 cubs and a video of the big male. If anyone is interested in adding them, i can email them to you

Its very unusual to see 9 Bears within a short time

John

zwiggles:
Cool beans! We have a bunch of them around us too. Kinda a pita and neat as well.

Dirt23:
Come to Lyme home of Bear man that rehabilitates orphaned cubs or I mean habituated them.  Bears are no longer scared of humans here and will molest any livestock you got in your yard. 10 years ago you saw a bear it would tuck tail and run that is no longer the case.  Sorry for rant but come this way for bear season might be lucky enough to get one with pretty orange necklace

mowbizz:
Last few years they have been very active in my area as well…no sows w/cubs this year yet (on cams) central NH West of Winni.

AquaAssassin:

--- Quote from: Dirt23 on Jul 05, 2022, 05:45 AM ---Come to Lyme home of Bear man that rehabilitates orphaned cubs or I mean habituated them.  Bears are no longer scared of humans here and will molest any livestock you got in your yard. 10 years ago you saw a bear it would tuck tail and run that is no longer the case.  Sorry for rant but come this way for bear season might be lucky enough to get one with pretty orange necklace

--- End quote ---

Spot on. Only going to get worse. Nothing but nuisance here as well, and trapping, baiting, hounds continue to be under fire. There numbers are getting outrageous

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version