FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 1.000 Island Fishing................  (Read 1781 times)

piscesman

1.000 Island Fishing................
« on: Jul 05, 2022, 07:07 PM »
Heading back up in 5 weeks. Wondering what the fishing is like. Always a good time but was trying to determine what tackle to bring up.  Thanks Again.
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

piscesman

Re: 1.000 Island Fishing................
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2022, 07:47 PM »
They are one ugly fish. I don't want to mess with them, just their lower cousins.........
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

piscesman

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2022, 05:25 AM »
Wow, 2 weeks and no response. Maybe I'm the only one that fishes there from this site?? When I run into other fishermen, you'd be surprised at how many never heard of this site. Tight lines anyways............
      Kim

PS- Last year the Coramonts (<spelling) were terrible. Almost every little island had tons of them. They are invasive and a big nuisance.
      author unknown

wallyworld

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2022, 05:30 AM »
Check out Lake Ontario United website. I think there might be some info there.

mcully

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2022, 05:52 AM »
Go on B.A.S.S. site and you'll see how it is. 2 guys weighed in over 100 pounds of smallies over 4 day span 5 fish limits.

reeleyz

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2022, 10:08 AM »
Bass fishing should be solid. I catch a lot of smallmouth there while fishing for walleyes. Some real tanks. I generally fish 30’ - 45’.

piscesman

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2022, 08:20 PM »
I've caught some tanks from there. 30' - 60' of water drifting. Did have a trolling motor last year and it was ok. Just have to time where you fish because of the heavy traffic. Thanks for the info. Trying to target Walleye but as stated bass will hit it too..........
      Kim
      author unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.