FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: MISSISSINAWA  (Read 1394 times)

abishop

MISSISSINAWA
« on: Jul 15, 2022, 03:31 PM »
My son bought a log cabin in Peru and I was wondering how the fishing is in this lake. He is about 15 minutes away. Thinking about taking a couple days and trying it out. Anyone have any info. One guy said it was over 138 feet deep. Any info would be appreciated.

Daybreak

Re: MISSISSINAWA
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2022, 06:07 AM »
I have fished it several times a year for the past 30 years or so.  I would consider it a pretty good fishing lake.  It is not 138 feet deep.  Buy a topo map or go to the information on the lake and you can find the correct information.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2022, 03:11 PM »
I have fished it several times a year for the past 30 years or so.  I would consider it a pretty good fishing lake.  It is not 138 feet deep.  Buy a topo map or go to the information on the lake and you can find the correct info. I did and it said it was 137. Not sure where I read this. Seems a bit too deep. I have been wrong before though. LOL

Daybreak

« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2022, 11:14 AM »
I have been all over the lake with quality electronics and the deepest area is in the creek channel near the dam, approximately 70' at summer pool level.  Just checked a couple of my topo maps I keep in my boat, and they confirm that information.  The constant erosion of farmland around the river, creeks and reservoir will always be a factor in changing the depths as silting in occurs.  It's a good fishery and if you can structure fish the creek channels, points and timbered areas, you will do well.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

bigr

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2022, 09:25 AM »
It's a good lake for several species with white and black crappie being number one. Quality size,10 to 13".Catfishing is a blast and plenty to catch. The gil fishing is somewhat of a secret. Really nice size but you do alot of sorting and hunting to find the good ones. I don't bass fish this resi much but again with some work you'll catch a few decent fish from what i hear. White bass are plentiful also. Summer time most spider rig or troll cranks for crappie and gils over deep points using a slip bobber sometimes 15ft or deeper. Cats on bottom with whatever your choice is, i prefer shrimp. Best time of year is fall and winter during draw down to and when winter pool is reached. Lots of recreation boats on weekends, week days not bad. When draw down starts in early oct just fishermen mostly. You can get a boat on all winter as long as ramps don't ice up.     

bherr24

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2022, 11:06 AM »
My go to crappie lake . I fish it from shore only. Ive caught some nice ones in there over the years several over 15 inches with 10 to 12 inchers being pretty common. Double jig rig with a small carlisle float is about all i ever need to use. Also have caught some nice gills usually late may early june up by the dam. I dont fish it much over the summer as im usually chasin walleyes in the river here at home.  My favorite times to fish there are when the lake is drawn down in late fall and winter and then in the spring when they run up the river. You can also hammer white bass over there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.