FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: July Cabin Trip  (Read 1435 times)

Hexagenia51

July Cabin Trip
« on: Jul 23, 2022, 07:55 AM »
Well the wife and I made a trip to our cabin last week for a couple days. Needed to mow the lawn and get some trout fishing done! Got both accomplished and are sadly listing the place for sale as we are moving to northeastern Oregon next spring. The fish cooperated very well, fished two days and caught and released about twenty browns, not big but fun on the fly rod. Here’s a couple pictures. Enjoy Hex

I did keep a couple for the skillet also! Hex

Daybreak

Re: July Cabin Trip
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2022, 06:28 PM »
Nice!  Thanks for the report and the update.  Hate to hear you're leaving our area.  I have a brother that lives in Eugene, Oregon and he loves it out there.  Hope you do too.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2022, 07:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing Mike.

I would like to relocate too but I'm stuck here for a while due to health issues with one of my parents. The wife and I are thinking of trying a Class A RV at some point and could even use one as a permanent home. Could locate south in the winter and north in the summer.  Talked to a guy once that said he loved it.

I know you'll like it out there. Lots of country to roam and a lot of public land from what I hear.  Too many people here anymore even in Michigan and the over development on the lakes is a crime.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2022, 08:25 AM »
Great report Hex! Many places that offer what you are looking for.
Just avoid some of the kooks out there. They are all over these days!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2022, 10:46 AM »
Well somewhat sad to report that my Michigan cabin sold in two days after signing the listing agreement. The realtor didn’t even get pictures or a sign out. I thought I’d have a month maybe two before it sold and get some more fishing done, but on the other hand we’re closer to liquidating our properties and just had an auction with personal stuff. I guess I’ll be either camping or renting something, hoping to get up there two more times before the season ends in September. I joined Trout Unlimited(lifetime membership) a couple weeks ago and received a super Orvis rod and reel combination. It’s a 6wt Helios 3D rod and a Hydros reel. Can’t wait to get back up to Michigan to try it out. Here’s a picture of the outfit. Hex

Should work real well in Oregon, Idaho and Montana after our move also. Hex

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2022, 11:18 AM »
I can remember when I lived in New England, every year we would spend Memorial Days going up the old logging trails in New Hampshire finding a site to camp getting fiddleheads and then catch dinner. Got brook trout all the time in 1 to 2 fow. Averaged 10 inches and were the sweetest best tasting trout I ever had. I won't even eat them around here.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2022, 06:05 PM »
I can remember when I lived in New England, every year we would spend Memorial Days going up the old logging trails in New Hampshire finding a site to camp getting fiddleheads and then catch dinner. Got brook trout all the time in 1 to 2 fow. Averaged 10 inches and were the sweetest best tasting trout I ever had. I won't even eat them around here.

Ya, Al I’ve caught wild brookies in a couple different states and they are great pan fried in butter! Hard to beat! Hex

Hexagenia51

« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2022, 02:04 PM »
Nice!  Thanks for the report and the update.  Hate to hear you're leaving our area.  I have a brother that lives in Eugene, Oregon and he loves it out there.  Hope you do too.

Ya we’re moving next spring but I’ll still post on the Indiana site, from time to time. I checked the Oregon site and there’s no traffic whatsoever, not sure why but the one guy posted maybe the people out there don’t know how to use computers, Lol. I know a few guys on here so if I catch something worth posting I’ll post up some pictures. Hex

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2022, 02:25 PM »

I can relate living in New England at one time, and going back to visit when I can. I remember catching what was probably a three year old 13 inch brookie in a infertile stocked pond (clarity of 25 feet) and thinking it was a monster. Now I can grow them to 24 inches in my private pond in three years.  It's all relative I guess.

I normally don't eat trout but remember that one was really good fired in butter.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2022, 02:26 PM »

Ya we’re moving next spring but I’ll still post on the Indiana site, from time to time. I checked the Oregon site and there’s no traffic whatsoever, not sure why but the one guy posted maybe the people out there don’t know how to use computers, Lol. I know a few guys on here so if I catch something worth posting I’ll post up some pictures. Hex

Maybe they know better than to post good fishing spots on the Internet. :rotflol:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.