FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just want to say thanks!  (Read 2876 times)

taxid

Just want to say thanks!
« on: Jun 24, 2022, 06:49 AM »
Thanks to everyone here that shares their fishing experiences and photos. Due to health issues with my parents I am unable to get out this year but reading your posts at least I can fish vicariously! I thought once I retired from full-time fish taxidermy I could get out and fish more, but life has away of throwing curveballs at ya.

Cheers!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

iceman260

Re: Just want to say thanks!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2022, 07:47 AM »
Taxid you are a good man taking care of your parents.

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2022, 08:00 AM »
Yea, good job with the parents.
Enjoy the time with them.
Mine are gone for quite some time now and I wish I could sit and talk with them once again.
The fish will still be there waiting for you.

Again, good job!!!

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2022, 10:26 AM »
What the guys said Cecil.  When your time allows you have a seat on my boat(s) anytime.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2022, 07:49 AM »
Thank you for all the kind words! I now sleep over at the parents to allow my dad to get a good night's sleep in another room. My mom gets up several times a night. And my dad had surgery on his feet so he's not much good right now. One of my sisters is helping during the day.

Iowaccord that's very generous of you. It could work the other way too. I will have a boat out there at some point and know some interesting spots too. Some day may even move back, but most likely Maine. The wife is all for the move as she likes New England too.

Speaking of New England I saw this the other day and found it hilarious. For some of you too young to know who Paul Newman was, he was a big movie star that starred in a lot of films like Butch Cassidy and Sundance kid, Cool hand Luke, The Sting and numerous others.

A Michigan woman and her family were vacationing in a small New England town where Paul Newman and his family often visited.
One Sunday morning, the woman got up early to take a long walk. After a brisk five-mile hike, she decided to treat herself to a double-dip chocolate ice cream cone.
She hopped in the car, drove to the center of the village and went straight to the combination bakery/ice cream parlor. There was only one other patron in the store: Paul Newman, sitting at the counter having a doughnut and coffee.
The woman's heart skipped a beat as her eyes made contact with those famous baby-blue eyes. The actor nodded graciously and the star struck woman smiled demurely. Pull yourself together! She chides herself. You're a happily married woman with three children, you're forty-five years old, not a teenager!
The clerk filled her order and she took the double-dip chocolate ice cream cone in one hand and her change in the other. Then she went out the door, avoiding even a glance in Paul Newman's direction.
When she reached her car, she realized that she had a handful of change but her other hand was empty. Where's my ice cream cone? Did I leave it in the store? Back into the shop she went, expecting to see the cone still in the clerk's hand or in a holder on the counter or something! No ice cream cone was in sight.
With that, she happened to look over at Paul Newman. His face broke into his familiar, warm, friendly grin and he said to the woman,
"You put it in your purse."

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rivereddy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2022, 08:24 PM »
Taxi:

You are be no means alone. My wife and I have one remaining parent between us.  Her mom is 94.  She lives in a "stand alone" cottage by
herself and has a fierce streak of independence.  She lives about 45 minutes away so we try to get down to see her once a week. We play cards,
usually "Oh hell" and she wins as often as anyone else. After cards one of us will engage her in conversation and the other takes on the kitchen
counters...

Good on ya' for stepping up

fish on

rivereddy

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2022, 12:53 PM »
Your a good dude Cecile. One of the solids on here and in life.
Wicked Wec

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2022, 05:39 AM »
Your a good dude Cecile. One of the solids on here and in life.

Thanks but I don't feel that way this morning. I've been spending my nights at my parents apartment above my garage so my dad can get a good night's sleep in another room. This morning I couldn't take it any more. I woke him up to take over about 6 A.M. She argued with me about the medication she was supposed to take and whined she couldn't sleep all night, which she did, and then had to use the bathroom about 3 times in a row within a half an hour. She can't go to the bathroom on her own. I don't mind helping out but she's so demanding and is constantly feeling sorry for herself.  She's always been self centered and this just magnifies it as we are all her servants. I didn't have the best childhood thanks to her mood swings and selfishness. Karmas a *****.

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2022, 10:04 AM »
Natural to feel that way Cecil.  You seem ti be doing the best you can and thats all anyone can ask for.  Hope you get some you time in soon!

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2022, 10:42 AM »
Natural to feel that way Cecil.  You seem ti be doing the best you can and thats all anyone can ask for.  Hope you get some you time in soon!

Thanks for listening! No more of this talk here!

Keep catching those fish so I can share!

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Aug 19, 2022, 11:22 AM »
Hoping for a slolid trip tomorrow Cecil.  Will report back!

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Aug 19, 2022, 01:15 PM »
Hoping for a slolid trip tomorrow Cecil.  Will report back!

Look forward to it!  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.