FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: No surprise we didn't have ice for long up here in northern Indiana  (Read 1472 times)

taxid

January was the warmest on record and February was the 10th warmest on record. Warmest February wasn't that long ago in 2017.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bigr

Weather has definitely changed over the years. Spring doesn't seem to be much different. Doesn't really warm up to say gardening temps until same time. Since i've gotten a bit older i don't mind the milder winters.

taxid

Weather has definitely changed over the years. Spring doesn't seem to be much different. Doesn't really warm up to say gardening temps until same time. Since i've gotten a bit older i don't mind the milder winters.

So you've also noticed when we get mild winters we get a spring that doesn't seem to want to warm up?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rivereddy

Agreed.  I want to see "January weather" in January... not April.  Last year, the woodburner ate more
wood in March than it did in January.  I may have posted this before, if so, sorry.  I coached H S baseball
for a number of years before retiring in 2015.  Spring sports have always been held to the mercy of the
weather.  I kept a record of game day weather for years.  We had April "snow outs" and 70+ deg in March,
but these were anomalies. The most consistent difference was in the sustained velocity of the wind.  It seems
wind events blow longer and stronger these days.  (Of course, I could be influenced by the 70 year old red maple
laying flat in the front yard.) I'm making more firewood than I can burn....

fish on,

rivereddy

bigr

I feel winters are warmer and summers are cooler and spring is slower coming and fall is much later in coming if that makes sense. I also feel it has nothing to do with so called global warming. No such thing. Just a normal temp changes our planet has gone thru. If i would live long enough i would be ice fishing in april and roasting in june again.

taxid

I feel winters are warmer and summers are cooler and spring is slower coming and fall is much later in coming if that makes sense. I also feel it has nothing to do with so called global warming. No such thing. Just a normal temp changes our planet has gone thru. If i would live long enough i would be ice fishing in april and roasting in june again.

Let's keep global warming out of this shall we? The thread will go down hill fast.

bigr

Sorry and you are correct. Lets leave it at it's different than years ago.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.