FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Night crawlers  (Read 2655 times)

taxid

Re: Night crawlers
« Reply #15 on: Apr 30, 2023, 10:11 AM »
I did that a buncha years back Bob.
They got out though.
Squeezed right through that tiny gap between the cover and tote.  It had latches too!
I had worms all over the basement.
Donna said no more worms in the house.
We found dead dried worms everywhere for like 2 yrs.
They got out in my refrigerator at the lake too.  All over the inside.  A few actually squeezed between the door seal and fridge too!
Never figured out why the wanted to escape.  Crazy!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Apr 30, 2023, 10:14 AM »
When I was living at home as a kid I would keep nightcrawlers I picked up in the yard in empty cottage cheese containers. I faked out my younger sisters more than once thinking we had cottage cheese in the fridge  :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #17 on: Apr 30, 2023, 11:24 AM »
I agree with the black dirt as I change it out to the bedding material and use my bait cooler for worms and that usually keeps them nice and alive, u try to catch them.out of the yard during the summer as 6 bucks for 2 dozen can be steep if you are fishing much or kill them off.

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Apr 30, 2023, 12:31 PM »
I agree with the black dirt as I change it out to the bedding material and use my bait cooler for worms and that usually keeps them nice and alive, u try to catch them.out of the yard during the summer as 6 bucks for 2 dozen can be steep if you are fishing much or kill them off.

Yeah that stuff is messy!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Apr 30, 2023, 01:47 PM »
Any kid or maybe adult who’s fished has a worm story.

Yeah I’ve had some escapees. Mostly under the radar of my Bride…..fortunately.

Although I remember one incident when she said to me that “ something stinks in the basement!” Found a container of crawlers that was left in the pocket of my waders……..for a long while…..nasty!

I’m about to turn my farm loose in the gardens as it’s been raining steady for a couple days now. Time to refresh the collection. Could have harvested a few pounds on the golf course mowing greens this morning. Kills me to grind them up like that.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

tomturkey

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2023, 07:36 PM »
I always keep my crawlers in last year's maple leaves. Much cleaner in the boat than dirt. Where I keep the crawlers over time the leaves will turn into dirt.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2023, 12:20 PM »
 Could have made bait balls from the clippings on the greens this morning. 50% turf…50% worms. Hate grinding them up like that.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.