FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sabres on tv??  (Read 9271 times)

FarginIcehole

Sabres on tv??
« on: Jul 27, 2005, 02:46 PM »
since the empire sports network is now dead,will sabres games be pay per view??
          Fargin

blaque

Re: Sabres on tv??
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2005, 03:12 PM »
YIKES!! Its been so long, i dont know how, but i completely even forgot about that LOL!! Like i just read that and my stomach dropped...........WHAT IS the situation with that!!!

blaque

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2005, 03:21 PM »
Found the following:

Breath a slight sigh of relief Icehole

Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 08:22 PM

Buffalo News - By Alan Pergament, 7/23/2005: Now that it is clear that Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz will be calling Buffalo Sabres games in October after a year off, some area fans are concerned that they won't be able to see them on their new cable home, the Madison Square Garden Network.

The concern was heightened by some erroneous e-mails sent to concerned fans by MSG's public relations department that said a deal with Adelphia to carry the games hadn't been finalized.

Eric Gelfand, vice president of public relations for MSG, said those e-mails were in error and that the network will carry 75 Sabres games on Western New York systems this season.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SabresInsider has heard rumours that 54 games will be exlcusively MSG programming while 21 games will be on an auxilary MSG channel because the Islanders and Rangers are predominantly on Fox Sports New York and MetroTV. Also, Sabres games will be available on the alternate channel on satellite when a deal with satelite providers is struck.

Hope that makes ya feel a little better

Chucker

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Hmm, makes me wonder what will happen in the Crotchfester market with Time-Warner.  I know the MSG and FSNY feeds have always sucked, because the channel guide never reflects what is actually on.  Whenever teh guide said Rangers/Devils/Isles, there was always college hoops or track or some other crap on.     ::)

blaque

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2005, 06:49 AM »
I take it Hockey Hotline with Mike and Brian is gone.........man, i never thought of any of these things. Ill have to go google that one too.

FarginIcehole

« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2005, 06:57 AM »
thanks for the info fellas, i am so confused now i dont know what to think. lets keep this thread going for us loyal sabres fans. we should all get together and take in a game sometime. Fargin

fishinfergy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Whats the deal with all the Buffalo fans, lets go B's.

Ferg
Go B's

fishinfergy

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2006, 09:58 PM »
B's as in Bruins or Boston whatever you you seem to understand easier.

Ferg
Go B's

blaque

« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2006, 04:11 PM »
Lets really get the blood boiling and talk about the lack of televised games come the playoff run. I  have adelphia and i DO NOT get OLN. Which from what i understand has rights to the Playoff games for the sabres. (although with their last two efforts, who knows if they are skidding into uncertainty?!?! lol) Hope their not gettin tired, cuz they got a gruelling schedule in the final stretch here.

blaque

« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:09 AM »
Yeah i thought Ottawa would be that wake up call Mac lol. They played embarassingly against them, at least in the first two periods. And hearing briere flame some of the guys in the locker room, ya wouldnt expect they'd not show up again 2 days later against a team they knew would come out like they got shot out of a cannon. I dunno, it boggles my mind somtimes.......guess thats why im not a coach in the NHL lol.

blaque

« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2006, 02:37 PM »
yeah unfortunately they may need to get used to Lindy being absent with the situation hes in. Theyve got depth everywhere else, lets hope they have coaching depth as well.

Chucker

« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2006, 04:34 PM »
Radio only tonight, but you can always listen at http://www.nhl.com/radio/index.html if you can't get 550 or 950 AM.  NHL.com carries the home radio broadcast for every team in the league, every night.

Chucker

« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:06 AM »
Yeah, I was surprised when my buddy called me, and he was watching as I was listening.  The old schedule I had was wrong.   ???

blaque

« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2006, 10:58 AM »
That sucks chucker. Ya didnt miss much except like Mac said, the third period.........the magic Ice fairy must have clicked her heels together, or waived some pixy dust on them  or something. Thats the only sense i can make of why a team all the sudden just realizes that they need to move in order to get the puck on their sticks. Do they seriously not realize that they are in lala land and have to be told, and if so, why doesnt someone tell them in the first intermission instead of the second??  It truly boggles the mind. I know im spoiled from the season they've had so far. Maybe this is a strategy of theirs to go into the playoffs a wounded duck (or so it may look lol) Then teams wont be as hopped up and gunnin at them. If ya think of it, if ya go into the playoffs the hottest team, then everyone is gonna be comin at ya like bolts of lightning, go in as a 500 team, and they might get overlooked? Then they can pour it back on, it might work for a series at least lol. I say their droppin the ball a littel on purpose to divert the attention........Makes me feel better anyway (im totally jokin by the way, i think)

fishinfergy

« Reply #14 on: Mar 25, 2006, 10:44 PM »
Well the bruins finally pulled one from the sabres, its about time.

Ferg
Go B's

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.