FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Chumming....  (Read 4644 times)

amazinmoose

Chumming....
« on: Sep 08, 2005, 01:25 PM »
anyone have known ways to chum for kittys??  im looking to chum in some big cats.. 2+#'s  thanks inadvanced.. tightlines -moose

amazinmoose

Re: Chumming....
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2005, 06:07 AM »
iv heard a can of wet dogfood, poke some holes in it, let it get funny in the sun for a few days, chuck it out and fish near the can...  any other ways!?   moose

Hookset

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2005, 01:14 PM »
When I am preparing to begin a catfishing extravaganza, I generally open my tub of chicken livers and dip it in the river, fill it up with river water an dump it out right next to my boat.  All of the blood and oily residue wash out of the tub and creates a nice slick.  In the river, it dissipates rather quickly, but once the cats lock on to the scent, they tend to hang around and look for the source.  Around me (in Upstate NY), 2 pounds is a small cat, but you probably are referring to bullhead, since this is the bullhead board.  Here is my buddy with a fatty from a week or two ago out of the Hudson:

We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

busler15

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2006, 05:50 PM »
Ha! My father told me about how my great grandfather, who used to farm, threw a dead calf into a creek about back of his house! My dad remembers seeing the bullhead's coming up and  tearing chunks off of the dead calf! EWW! :D

Marcus

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:41 PM »
I have always used a can of tuna   poke some holes tie it to a rope and throw it out seems to work...however I didnt want the bigger ones that you are after the smaller ones are ,in my opinion, much tastier

Fishingking

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2006, 07:08 PM »
When I was in HS 6-7 yrs ago we used to shoot groudhogs put them in a burlap bag  w/ a weight throw them in a bullhead pond then go back at night within a week and hammer the bullheads :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.