FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Your Team...Your Predictions  (Read 16208 times)

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
Re: Your Team...Your Predictions
« Reply #60 on: Apr 06, 2006, 12:39 PM »
last time I checked the roster, Barnaby's name hasn't been on it for a long time

That was not my point...my point was, how can someone condem the Leafs for tolerating Tucker when there team tolerated a player like barnaby for Years....But your right he is not on the roster..he was at least smart enuff to leave.. ;D

Yes you must be excited..how long has it been since you were in the play-offs...5 years..enjoy the first round and maybe we will see you back in 2011.

Never said I liked Barnaby nor am I sticking up for his actions in the past. Personally I have no tolerance for any player that deliberately tries to injur/end someones career because they got caught with his head down.

Something tells me we'll be back in the playoffs next year too. Do you think Toronto will still be called Toronto next year?
I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day of work anytime!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #61 on: Apr 06, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Now your just talking insaine.....If there was one team in the league that has no worries about it's fan base it's the leafs...there nas been no talk about money issues, hell with the salary cap they make more then ever.

They have sold out everygame for the last 10 years or more. If you dont call from tickets on opening day, you have no chance of getting 2 seats side by side...it's only singles left.

We are talking die hard fans...tickets are not cheap in TO...prices start at $40 for standing room or obstructed view and go as high as $400...yet the games continue to sell out.

Another example on how die hard leaf fans are...2 years ago the Ottawa Sens had to put a cap on out of town ticket sales...Leafs fans were buying up 80% of the tickets and turning a home game into an away game for the Sens...it was crazy

We are true Hockey fans, and support our team thru the Playoff years and the non playoff years. I respect that..ChowderHead chimed in about the Sens....I live in the Ottawa market and it's sick to see bandwagon jumpers...Not Chowderhead..that guy has been taking his licks as a Sens fan for years now (although they always seem to bow out in round 1)...he even has a tatoo for gods sake.

now Im rambling...Go Leafs Go...spoiler time

blaque

« Reply #62 on: Apr 06, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Leafs take alot of our tickets as well for games at HSBC.........which is fine. I dont mind sharin a game with them..........Its when the Habs come to town that I wont even waste my money to go sit in that crowd. Ive done it 3 times and wont ever do it again. "Most" of the habs fans ive experienced take pride and put a sour spin on it. Sorry, just speaking from experience. I saw a grown man in line to get a "pop" ask a 6 year old kid if he knew how retarded he looked in his sabres jersey, swear to God. And badgered this kid and flexed his muscles and pulled his habs logo away from his gut and shoved it in this kids face.......the kid was with the mom, no dad present, so a few other guys and myself had to come to the defense of this poor kid experiencing the ugly side of "pride" Not the only bad experience , i can go on lol. But yes, i do agree, the cities of Canada do have some die hard fans. But you also have to look at the population in the area of toronto, they are a LARGE market team, in comparison to Buffalo anyway.

chowder_head

« Reply #63 on: Apr 06, 2006, 05:01 PM »
ok sabres fans..I"ll let you enjoy your "moral" victory over my sens! lol, if they end up meeting in the playoffs, maybe it will give your boys some added confidence. Seriously though, it was a great game and if anyone was going to beat my team I"m glad it was briere

SYMPTOMS: continual complaints as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expressions,sometimes deaf to wife and kids,frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting goods stores longer than usual.Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone..NO KNOWN CURE!!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #64 on: Apr 06, 2006, 05:45 PM »
ok sabres fans..I"ll let you enjoy your "moral" victory over my sens!

Last night's game had me RIVETED.  Even my father was screaming his head off, and he never gets excited over hockey.

However, I hate to admit it, but if both teams play 100% the sens will win just about every time.

They're like a force of nature when they are at the top of their game.

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #65 on: Apr 06, 2006, 06:23 PM »
 My hat's off to the Canadian hockey fans :bowdown: They are a bunch of loyal people when it comes to hockey.
I've noticed that many times they will fill the stands at HSBC when they come down to play the Sabres.
 It sounds like the Toronto fans have a little more class than the Montreal fans do. Doesn't surprise me to here that.
 DO agree that the sen's are a more solid team than the Sabres, would be a good series though if they do meet up in the playoffs. Maybe the Sabres finally figured out how to play them last night ;D I think in the past, they were giving them way more respect than they should be. Maybe a shot of confidence boost is just what they needed ???

JD

blaque

« Reply #66 on: Apr 07, 2006, 07:23 AM »
See, Isnt this nice...........everyones playing nice again lol :laugh:

Hood

« Reply #67 on: Apr 07, 2006, 07:43 AM »
Toronto fans have more class than Montreal....absofknlutley!!....dont even get me started on the montreal crowd, its like chirac in your backyard here in plattsburgh  :cursing:
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #68 on: Apr 07, 2006, 08:13 AM »
See, Isnt this nice...........everyones playing nice again lol :laugh:
lol :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

JD

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #69 on: Apr 07, 2006, 09:30 AM »
Habs fans can get on your nerves for sur...I compare them to Yankee fans in baseball...they just feel their team is the best due to it's past.

In Hockey the worst fans I have encountered are Flyers fans...rude and crude...Just ask Domi who had one come over the glass at his a few years back

blaque

« Reply #70 on: Apr 07, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Yeah habs fans are borderline Cult like lol.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.