FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quantum Iron  (Read 1946 times)

TogoJeff

Quantum Iron
« on: Oct 15, 2005, 12:17 AM »
I just bought a Quantum IR425CX Non-levelwind Baitcast Reel.
Bought it off of Ebay and never realised it was not level wind.(Caveat Emptor) :o
  Does anybody here use non-level wind reels and what are your thoughts on them. Thanks

TogoJeff

Re: Quantum Iron
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2005, 01:10 AM »
Come on people, someone must know something about these reels. :-X

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2005, 08:28 PM »
I've searched and searched the web for any decent info on these reels.....I can find the model, but no particulars....and I mean I have digged alot.....from what little info I can gather, I suspect that the spools are deep and narrow....correct????......this would possibly give you and andvantage for long casts from shore.......and the spool leveler would become a non-factor more or less......I am going to stop here before I speculate too much........Jeff????.....................Grump

TogoJeff

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Thanks  for the info Grump. The spool is actually as wide as a regular self leveling reel. So if you would reel it in without leveling it manually, it would pile up in one spot. The idea behind these reels I think is that less moving parts means more reliable performance. That's the only reason I could think of for not having the self leveling feature.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.