MyFishFinder By Species > Bullhead

Oddest way you caught one...

<< < (2/8) > >>

acsacmboy:
fishing for smallmouths in about 40 fow. thought it was a nice bass. turned out to be a big bullhead. mid october.

fishin_musician:
This wasn't a catch exactly but unusual none the less. I was fishing for smallies in the Susquehanna River wet wading and walking the shoreline casting to likely spots. After giving one nice boulder strewn swirl a thorough working with no results, I began walking up river towards the next good spot. A violent splash startled me and I turned to see the last of the disturbance on the surface of the water where I had just been fishing. I worked my way up the river for a little while then headed back down river. when I got to the scene of the crime there was a 8" brown bullhead with fresh battle scars on its back. I tossed it back into the river wondering if the violence I had heard was from the Musky's attack or the Musky's attempt to dislodge the stinging spines of the bullhead from its throat.

BuckShotJon:
I was Bass fishing my local pond and had a hit on a split rapala. Was bringing the bass in and it started to fight alot harder. When I got it in there was a Bass 12-13 inches on the front set of hooks and a bullhead on the back set of hooks.

Jon

firstice_rules:
using a bettle spin for bluegills and crappie

Sandman:
The oddest had to be the one my son caught ice fishing. He was in the shanty and a group of us where fishing at Irondequoit Bay. He told us he saw a big bullhead or small catfish swimming around. I've caught bullhead through the ice before, including one a week ago, but this one hit none of the bait. My son improvised and put a piece of Egg McMuffin on the hook, lowered it and the bullhead inhaled it. We all got a good laugh out of it.
For me, I caught several one day casting a tiny orange Abu spinner in a cove for gills.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version