FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Losing Ground (by Flapjack)  (Read 2312 times)

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
Losing Ground (by Flapjack)
« on: Nov 04, 2005, 06:46 AM »
A few years back Fort Pond used to get it's fair share of the Salmon, and is always well managed as far as other species. My absolute favorite hard waterin' pond of all. The State also maintains a public ramp. If you follow ramp rules, of no fishing 50'(not positive of footage, but positive of rule) to either side, that leaves no  "public" land to fish from. And when folks do, it pizzes the 2 abutting homeowners off.The Salmon issue, as to no more, is the result of the folks who live in the small ranch at the bottom of the hill at the ramp.This guy also owns the Piccolino Club in Shirley.(boycott his joint, or get drunk and destroy it) He lobbied the F&G hard and got them to stop ( salmon) because of the amount of people that gathered and created noise in front of his house. He is now trying his hardest to have the ramp closed alltogether. He has mustered the support of some of the property owners. SO WHEN YOU GUYS ARE DOWN THERE USING THE RAMP TRY AND BEHAVE, I'm just saying this because all he needs is to keep a log and he can write down plate#'s and when the list gets long enough the show may be over for public access. I'm not concerned, I have 2 friends who will grant me the use through their land. I'd sure hate to see it shut down so I'm asking that if you enjoy fishing Fort, treat it like you owned it, with respect, don't give them anymore ammo than thay need. And if anyone hears of talks or hearings by the Public Accesss Board POST IT so we can defend our access. Saddly we keep paying higher and higher lic. fee's, the one that kills me is the land aqquisition fee, yet we continue to face loosing more and more places to fish with development of waterfront property at a premium $$$$$!.**** Follow the saga of a ramp in Clinton*****, that is in the midst of trying to be closed by the residents(not all, but more than enough to have a chance of getting their way.) As this will more than likely be the precedent setter of any future closures.**** The process can start with nobody knowing about it and bang it's over****.

flapjack

• FISH, or go home!!!!
Re: Losing Ground (by Flapjack)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2005, 06:53 PM »
In the grander scheme of things, they (residents, some, most, but not all) really hate seeing the ICE SEASON come because we get to traverse the whole place. Maybe we should start reporting those with pumps and "hidden" pondside outhouses and showers.
Throw'em out with bait, kick back and wait !

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2005, 09:53 AM »
I know I've posted this link before but if you have it on your person, it may save your skin sometime. Might not help you from getting your butt kicked but might help you prove your point. It's the LAW....bottom line. Most "Police Officers" aren't even aware it exsists.

http://www.animal-law.org/huntharass/mass.html

A local pond near me has a similar problem. The Conservation Officer for the town lives on a local lake and actually spies on other people who use and live on the lake. Then he'll send letters to people he thinks are in violation of "his" rules, not rules initiated by the town. He basically thinks he owns the lake. The bad thing about is, he has family or connections within the governing body, who let him do what he pleases. I hear your concern but there always seems like 1 idiot ruins it for all of us.
As ther world turns........

flapjack

• FISH, or go home!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2005, 04:00 PM »
I have actually printed a copy and have put it in with my Sporting Lic. I have used it once to my advantage. Most local and State Police have no knowledge of this or many game laws. I showed it to an officer who was called to have me leave the Jetty at Salisbury after dark. Once he read it he told the security guard at the Park it would be to his advantage to leave me alone. I fished all night !!!!!!  So guy's, make a copy and keep it with your License, you never know.
Throw'em out with bait, kick back and wait !

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2005, 09:31 AM »
 :flag: :thumbup_smilie:

odon1968

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2005, 03:22 PM »
Mugz, I am glad you post info like this we have to band together and sharing info like you have will keep us informed Thanks!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.