FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Okuma Stratus reel  (Read 6555 times)

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
Okuma Stratus reel
« on: Mar 19, 2004, 05:18 PM »
I picked up an Okuma Stratus reel today at Dick's sporting goods. I think these are made just for Dick's. They are on sale now for $34.98 from a normal price of $69.99. They are a nice reel that look like they are just a step below the Epixor for features. For those of you that like Okuma reels, you may want to check these out. They are on sale around my neck of the woods until April 25th.
Ken A.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Okuma Stratus reel
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2004, 07:36 PM »
Bean,
I've looked at the Okuma's. It's hard for me not to buy Penn. I've had sooooo much good luck with these simple but durable reels.  They take the beating panfishing hands out.  I think they have the fewest moving parts in the fishing reel industry.

The Okumas look like tanks though. Lots of good ball bearings. I'd love to open one up and see how they're made. Are they made in the USA?
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2004, 03:09 PM »
Okuma's are made out of the U.S..
Ken A.

raleigh

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2004, 04:07 PM »
I just went out and bought the remodeled Okuma Fina F120 today. I played with it for a while at sportsmans wharehouse today, and I did not see any difference between that and the okuma metaloid, except for the price. The okuma fina was 40 dollars, and the metaloid was about 65 dollars. With all the reels I have tryed in the past Okuma seams to be the toughest. An I think I am gonna look into the stratus next, It looks to be a solid reel as well. An that is a good price.

Invicta

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2004, 08:10 PM »
i thought Okuma was Japanese but i might be wrong. looks like they make decent stuf.http://www.okumafishing.com/main2.htm

JackMagnum

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 09:06 AM »
Bean,
I've looked at the Okuma's. It's hard for me not to buy Penn. I've had sooooo much good luck with these simple but durable reels.  They take the beating panfishing hands out.  I think they have the fewest moving parts in the fishing reel industry.

The Okumas look like tanks though. Lots of good ball bearings. I'd love to open one up and see how they're made. Are they made in the USA?
RG
RG,
                  I am a Penn man too but the last 3 reels I bought have gone back.I had problems with the 4400 on 2 different reels then bought the 4300 and returned it as well.I kept another 4300 but it's not as smooth as I would like.I think when they went to graphite it was a mistake.I have a couple of 5500 and 4500 spinning reels that are years old and those things have been durable and dependable reels.My son slipped and broke the graphite handle on one of his reels.I would rather have the extra weight and strength of the metal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.