FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Surf casting at Daytona Beach Florida  (Read 7129 times)

Utes

Surf casting at Daytona Beach Florida
« on: Mar 25, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Hi, got a few questions i hope someone can help me with. I'm heading down to my parents in Leesburg on April 11th.-21st and my dad wants to take me surf casting. I bought my dad a surf casting reel and rod  a year or so ago and he has yet to even use it(lol). Needless to say i want to go down there and be prepared to do things right. #1-what can we expect to catch?#2- What kind of set up should i use? Heavy sinker on bottom with the bait a foot or so higher ?Steel leader? #3- What pound test line should he have on the reel?( 30?) I got him a 12' rod. #4- What should we use for bait? shrimp,eel,cut bait? #5-What size/kind of hook should we use? #6- Where would be the best place to go by Daytona beach? #7- This may be a dumb question but, do we need fishing licenses to fish in the ocean(surf casting)? Any help would be greatly appriciated as i'd like to get my father striaghtened out so he can go on his own . He loves to fish and does do some fresh water fishing around Leesburg but he goes to Daytona often just for something to do, and i know he would love to bring his rod/reel with him when he goes.  Getting started is his only problem and with a little help we can get him going. thanks again, Utes

gudkatch

• when I yell fish on...GRAB THE NET!!!!
Re: Surf casting at Daytona Beach Florida
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2006, 10:59 PM »
Hey Utes.  Check your P.M. box.   gudkatch
The man who coined the phrase "money can't buy happiness" never bought himself a good flyrod.

duck

Re: Surf casting at Daytona Beach Florida
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2009, 09:20 PM »
sent you a pm
"Born to fish...forced to work!!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.