FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What line should I buy?  (Read 6375 times)

Yankee Troller

• Fishing Lake Ontario for Salmon & Trout
Re: What line should I buy?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 18, 2006, 03:08 PM »
BigRed - Im the new Rep for the area.  Contact whatever tackle shop you do business with and let them know you want it.  Next let me know who they are and I can let them know where they can get it ;D

PM me if you have any questions.  For some reason Imnot getting these replies in my e-mail. 

Yankee Troller

• Fishing Lake Ontario for Salmon & Trout
« Reply #16 on: Apr 18, 2006, 03:23 PM »
You have to remember that Dicks and gander buy from a wholeseller.  Getting it in there is almost immposible.  I know, I use to work in a Dicks store when I was younger. 

I will be talking with a couple of the local shops in Rochester soon within the next two weeks.  Hopefully 1 or 2 of them will take some.  I will also be talking with a few shops up in the Wilson/Olcott area when Im up fishing the Derby.  I will also give a few shops in the Fairhaven a call if there is a demand there.

RedWolfUSAF

« Reply #17 on: Apr 18, 2006, 04:50 PM »
Thanks for all the replies....

I've already done what Bassjunky suggested and I'm having a good time with it...wife thinks I'm nuts but it's not the first time...

Billybono, you're fav is next on my hit list...I wan't to try it head to head with Fireline Bright green and see if there is any marked difference in hits.  Maybe you should invite me up for some perch action this week ;)  Shoot me a PM if you're going.

Wee Man

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 06:24 PM »
My favourite is spider line
I saw some Eagle Claw premium on sale at Dick's...1000 yds of 4 lb test for $6.  Why not I said to myself...spool it up, how bad can it be?  IT SUCKS!  So now I'm in search of some different lines.  The tried and true Trilene XL has been on my reels for years but I see so many other choices. 

Bank fishing for panfish, drifting bottom bouncers for walleyes, watching bobbers with suckers under them for pike, and jigging for bass are what I mostly spend time doing.

What are some of your favorite lines?

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 06:26 PM »
the problem i have always had with super lines, is that they always seem to cut line guides.  p line all the way

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 07:47 PM »
I have heard that but I have yet to come across the issue, one of my combos is in it;s second season using PowerPro only, and I dont even have any marks on the guides.  I find PowerPro to be less abrasive then fireline, but neither has yet to do damage to one of my poles.

time will tell on that I guess

devil-man

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 07:49 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.