FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: May wrap-up (pictures)  (Read 1575 times)

TightLinesMaine

May wrap-up (pictures)
« on: May 25, 2019, 11:01 AM »
I'll still probably fish once or twice more this month hopefully but I haven't shared some pictures since April so it's about time.  All were caught fly fishing except one of the salmon, which was the biggest of the bunch even though I didn't get a great picture (I was being nice to her and leaving her in the water and she escaped from my net after one photo  ;D).  All fish are in the 18"-20" range.  The brown and salmon were tough, acrobatic fighters while the brook trout and rainbow trout mostly just stayed down, shaking and tugging and both felt like a bag of bricks on the 6 wt.  I've only chased after (fresh) stocked fish twice this year so far, I've been mostly searching for holdover trout & lake-run salmon.

(for reference, the white part of the lure in the picture above is exactly 1", and check out the teeth on her! she may have been 20")

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: May wrap-up (pictures)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 01:23 PM »
Solid fish, Randall!  Great variety 8)  Was the brookie a recent arrival to your smorgasbord?

I have also focused on the holdovers in big water and managed to steer clear of the new recruits.  That will be changing real soon as I go for the smaller water.  I may have 1 or 2 big fish trips left before I switch over.

seamonkey84

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 02:05 PM »
Wow, those are some nice fish!  I haven’t gotten out nearly enough.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 03:54 PM »
Wow, those are some nice fish!  I haven’t gotten out nearly enough.

thanks Chi, I'm making up for a lack of ice fishing the past 2 years  8) you've caught some impressive fish in your limited trips though

Was the brookie a recent arrival to your smorgasbord?

Yes Jim, correct, had the continued itch for more big trout on the fly so I decided to go for the "new recruits", that being said, fishing wasn't easy there, everyone and their mother fly fishes there!  :laugh:

also, looking forward to your report for May.  I'm sure you'll have a much more interesting write-up & pictures than I   ;D

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 04:05 PM »
Thanks, but I doubt mine will be more interesting.  Different perhaps in terms of the mix......and no salmon to match yours!

also, looking forward to your report for May.  I'm sure you'll have a much more interesting write-up & pictures than I   ;D

fish wayniac

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Nice variety of some solid fish. You had a great month. Awesome!

franklin fisher

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 06:40 AM »
  Those are some nice fish. Congrats.

JDK

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 08:48 AM »
That is a good May
# SAND

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com