FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Beautiful Bass Lake...  (Read 1798 times)

LundProv

Beautiful Bass Lake...
« on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:13 PM »
After several days of doing things for the office and with family/relatives, had the day free and broke away about noon to Bass lake.  Stopped at the local bait shop there on the lake and picked up a generous two dozen crappie minnows for $6.51 and hit the water.  Nice, new owner that had what I needed and a clean shop.  He seems enthused and informed me he was anticipating a new shipment of tackle...  The wind was howling out of the southwest and the temp on shore was 48 degrees.  The water temp was 32.8 degrees and it didn't take long to feel the effect of the wind whipping across the water, creating the coolness in the boat.  Really struggled with the wind, as it dominated the entire length of the lake from southwest to northeast.  I tried several more shallow areas but really wanted to fish the deep holes out in front of the old state beach.  Finally, about 3, the wind slowed a bit and I got on the east side of the deep hole out in front of the beach and set the Ipilot appropriately into the wind.  Pretty simple technique of dragging a couple of crappie/perch rigs and also one bottom bouncer rig and picked up 4 really nice crappie, 3 - 13.99" walleyes and one fiesty kitty.  Boat ran well and had the lake to myself -- never heard the phone ring or had to engage in conversation with anyone but the Creator as just the overall ambiance of the wind and the waves and being outdoors on soft water on January 2, sent me home grateful and ready to head back to the office tomorrow.  Looks like several days ahead with the weather cooperating for us to hit either Lake Michigan for perch or salmon or the inland lakes for whatever species is available.  Get out and enjoy...

natahka72

Re: Beautiful Bass Lake...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2020, 11:34 AM »
Glad to hear you are still getting out. I tried again with my ice fishing equipment out of the little two man boat and couldn't get a strike. I could see fish on the Garmin, but they didn't want anything to do with it. Water temp was up above 42° and it was a cloudy day so I was very hopeful, but not to be. The water was muddied up a little from the recent rain, but not enough to matter I didn't think.

It was nice meeting you and talking fishing at our wives recent get together on New Year's Day.  Keep after them and good luck.

wallin

Re: Beautiful Bass Lake...
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2020, 12:25 PM »
Glad you got out and enjoyed the out doors. Hope to be out in a few months to join you Lund.
Wallin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.