FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salmon and Natives  (Read 1967 times)

fish wayniac

Salmon and Natives
« on: May 12, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Took a 3 hour road trip after work Friday night.The ice just went out in this area this week. The plan was to dip smelts at night and fish the next day. The smelt didn’t pan out at the brook we chose. Only got 4 jacks. Woke up early to 26* frosty boat seats. The bite started out slow until we started getting action tight to shore in 15’ to 20’ of water.
I landed 4 small salmon and 1 brookie . Sean caught 4 brookies and 1 salmon. We had 2 doubles and we each lost a few fish close to the boat.This was my first time catching fish in 3 attemps. It was nice to break the losing streak.Here are some of the fish no clipped fins here.

seamonkey84

Re: Salmon and Natives
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 09:06 PM »
Nice way to break the streak. Those look like a tasty way to warm up after a cold morning. With some recent discussions about stunted fish and not enough people harvesting, it’s kinda refreshing seeing some fish being kept.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

shrinkage

• I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 05:50 AM »
You guys earned em. Awesome mix. Great pics and beatiful fish Wayne and Sean

fish wayniac

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Nice way to break the streak. Those look like a tasty way to warm up after a cold morning. With some recent discussions about stunted fish and not enough people harvesting, it’s kinda refreshing seeing some fish being kept.

Chi, This body of water there are lots of short salmon. The regs are 1 salmon over 16”. No limit on salmon under. 😳

Turnbuckle

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Nice report, fun lake to fish. I try to take my girls a couple times a year. Some enormous brookies in there, but they dont come easy.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

Slammin_Brookies!!

• "Speed and Accuracy" Airborne All The Way 82nd
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 07:47 AM »
Nice report, fun lake to fish. I try to take my girls a couple times a year. Some enormous brookies in there, but they dont come easy.

You ever get up towards the top and see the Pirate Flag?. Very fun lake to fish....always to at least 1 time while up that way
If you're too busy to fish...........You're too Fa..king busy!

fish wayniac

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 08:07 AM »

The big Brook trout eluded us. A guy that I talked to at the dock said he caught a 22” at 4 lbs.

seamonkey84

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 08:22 AM »
Yea I figured as much, I just didn’t want to say it since that lake has been talked about lately.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Turnbuckle

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 08:31 AM »
The big Brook trout eluded us. A guy that I talked to at the dock said he caught a 22” at 4 lbs.

I’ll be honest with you. I’ve caught exactly one from my boat in all the years I’ve fished it, but have fished from shore or waders and caught dozens and dozens in the 18+ range. Have zero clue where they hide in the lake.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 09:50 AM »
nice, beauties!

franklin fisher

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 03:01 PM »
Nice fish. Congrats on breaking the losing streak.

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 05:51 PM »
Great looking fish! Well done.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 07:17 PM »
No rub fins in that bunch, Wayne 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.