FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pembina River Report (near Entwistle) Late July  (Read 4605 times)

Koffee Kat

Pembina River Report (near Entwistle) Late July
« on: Jul 24, 2008, 04:10 PM »
So I hit up Pembina last night at the Provincial Park just north of Entwistle on 16 A...  Very easy to follow the river from this park as opposed to everywhere else where the river's surrounded by clay cliffs or steep banks or in a gorge.  Walked about a km upstream & then back again on my scouting.  Hooked up with two small jacks early in the evening & then hooked into a pair of walleye later on (around 9 pm) out of the same spot two casts in a row.  I'll post how they tasted after dinner tonight  ;)!  If I could make any recommendations about this section of the river it would be to either bring swim trunks & wade across or to continue past the campground on 16 A till you cross a bridge & then park and follow the bank on the opposite side of the campground.  Basically the camp-side (the side I fished last night) is the shallow side of the river.  The depths follow the other side & thus I imagine all the walleyes are there.  There were some areas where the river was not too wide to cast across, but I was happy I wore shorts or I would never have hooked up with the pair I caught (I was waist deep at the time). 
If I could make another recommendation, it would be to get some seriously strong test that will not break no matter how hard you reef on it.  Every third cast I was getting my jigs caught behind rocks.  My buddy lost 6 (yes, 6) lures!  My test was strong enough just to yank the rocks off the bottom of the river to get mine loose.  Very nice strech of land around there, lots of trees & birds & the water's not too cold.  I considered this a pretty good night out fishing!  If you need any more info just ask away....

Koffee Kat

Re: Pembina River Report (near Entwistle) Late July
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2008, 11:15 AM »
Hit up Pembina again last night & fished the opposite shore this time.  Water's gone even shallower since late June.  I skunked out drastically, but my friend caught a pair of baby jacks &  the worlds samllest walleye - Thing was like 5-6 inches! :o.  My buddy also lost a monster where I caught my pair on my trip in June.  Got wet, rained constantly, got a soaker, car mat covered in mud :P  That's about it...

swampy45

• country boy
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2009, 01:43 PM »
im really interested in getting out to the Pembina again this year, however, i have never really fished out there, at least not in a few years...

Where would you suggest giving it a shot?  Whats the best time of year? River fishing is something i love doing, but i seem to be doing it wrong unless its for salmon!
bike, fish, bike, fish...

Rumtan

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2009, 03:26 PM »
We filmed one episode of the fishing show I was on there........tons of fun.  Just head towards Entwistle and follow the signs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.