FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: trolling motor battery help  (Read 2778 times)

iceman cometh

• "Hardwater Philosopher"
trolling motor battery help
« on: May 06, 2020, 02:47 PM »
 I have a 55lb. thrust, 12 volt trolling motor on my 2 man boat and have always run a 100 amp hour battery, but due to my cancer I don't want to be lugging 60-70 lbs. in and out of the boat each trip. Could I get the approximate run time from two 55 amp hour or even three 35 amp hour batteries wired in parallel? I would want to wire them parallel rather than in a series to keep them in a 12 volt configuration, correct? Also, if you guys and gals know of any good deals let me know. I'm cheap and only want to spend maybe $60-$100 per battery, so I know my options will be few. Has anyone owned the Mighty Max 55 amp hour or 35 amp hour batteries? I've heard both positive and negative reviews. I worry that two 35 amp hour batteries wouldn't give me much run time, maybe not even three would be enough, let me know what you think.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed, we would see things as they are...infinite." -- Aldous Huxley

"A wise man once said, you can kill with a fountain pen." -- Bob Dylan

Mac Attack

Re: trolling motor battery help
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 03:16 PM »
Yup
This works

appleye

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 01:18 PM »
May want to look at Latium batterys, much lighter, more costly but  way more charges lifetime and complete draw down as an advantage for use on the water.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 01:20 PM »
Yup
This works

2x and with multiple banks you'll draw amperage more consistantly!  Best of luck beating cancer!

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 01:20 PM »
May want to look at Latium batterys, much lighter, more costly but  way more charges lifetime and complete draw down as an advantage for use on the water.

Extremely expensive and also requires a charger that can effectively charge them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.