FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Late Fall Landlocks  (Read 1847 times)

TightLinesMaine

Late Fall Landlocks
« on: Nov 26, 2018, 02:31 PM »
I don't think I'll be getting into any more of these so here's a couple pictures.  And yes that is some snow in the first picture, before thanksgiving too!  :cursing: :cursing:

the bigger (second pic) of the two  was my biggest of the year and I got him to bite twice surprisingly, landed him the second time.  He was very territorial.  A battle I won't forget anytime soon.

zwiggles

Re: Late Fall Landlocks
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2018, 03:20 PM »
Those are both very nice fish, but the second one looks like a monster! Thanks for sharing the report!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Nice salmon, Randall.  I'm sure you're thrilled with those, as you should be 8)

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2018, 03:12 PM »
You have magic with those salmon lol. Still almost wished I was there to see that one you got to bite twice, but I wouldn’t have caught mine up river just minutes after lol. Getting your fly back from the first break off is a cherry on top of it all I think lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

franklin fisher

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2018, 03:41 PM »
 Awesome fish. If you have to finally give up the open water. Good luck to you on the ice.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2018, 06:12 PM »
You have magic with those salmon lol. Still almost wished I was there to see that one you got to bite twice, but I wouldn’t have caught mine up river just minutes after lol. Getting your fly back from the first break off is a cherry on top of it all I think lol.

I ironically lost that fly a week or so later, fell off of the drying patch on my vest at an unknown location, go figure!   :laugh: it caught me some nice fish at least.
Awesome fish. If you have to finally give up the open water. Good luck to you on the ice.

Thanks, i didnt go ice fishing last winter, not even once, so somewhat looking forward to it this year even though i'm not a big ice fishing guy.

And thanks Jim and Zwiggles for the comments.  I estimate the bigger one couldve been 22"+ 4 lbs+

seamonkey84

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2018, 08:40 AM »
I ironically lost that fly a week or so later, fell off of the drying patch on my vest at an unknown location, go figure!   :laugh: it caught me some nice fish at least.
Thanks, i didnt go ice fishing last winter, not even once, so somewhat looking forward to it this year even though i'm not a big ice fishing guy.

And thanks Jim and Zwiggles for the comments.  I estimate the bigger one couldve been 22"+ 4 lbs+
Go figure, at least you know the pattern and not one of those “dam I wish I took a pic of it”. We’ll have to meet up again soon, prob on the ice at this point. Not taking the boat out again lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.