FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Waiting for ice  (Read 1242 times)

seamonkey84

Waiting for ice
« on: Dec 03, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Hoping to scratch it itch a bit while waiting for ice to form, I headed out to check some shore fishing with Randall at a few different locations. Spot one was surprisingly locked up as far as I could see, but there was standing water on top so not sure how much ice there is beyond the few feet from shore that I couldn’t break. All the other spots were wide open, with fish seen rising out over deep waters beyond our reach. On the fourth and final location of the evening, we ended up bookings into 4 fish, landing three of them. Here’s my bow buddied up with Randall’s brown when we doubled up

That was the one fish I landed, one that felt bigger came unbuttoned before we could see it well. Absolutely love the metallic pink and the red fins on this fish though. If the camera could only capture the true depth of the colors.

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: Waiting for ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2018, 05:42 AM »
Nice fish!  With the all open water options available, you guys were wise to stop waiting for ice 8)

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:17 AM »
yeah, we shoulda went to that last spot earlier lol, we probably could've each gotten a couple.  Here's the brown I caught right before you showed up.  Glad to be on board for December open water.  Fun blitz before dark.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2018, 01:58 PM »
Like the colors on that brown, Randall 8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2018, 02:23 PM »
Great fish.. Congratulations.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

franklin fisher

« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2018, 05:04 PM »
  Good job guys. Nice looking fish.

seamonkey84

« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2018, 11:16 PM »
Wow, I didn’t get to see it clearly when you showed me the pic, that brown is a beauty.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.