FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PREDICTIONS  (Read 3668 times)

abishop

PREDICTIONS
« on: Dec 01, 2020, 02:49 PM »
I KNOW WE ARE ALL BORED. SO LETS GET THIS STARTED. Who will be the first 150 pounder to venture on the ice this year or will it be next. What do you think.? With the temps below freezing for the next 10 days some of the channels should tighten up MAYBE. lol

Spooled85

Re: PREDICTIONS
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2020, 07:42 PM »
My forecast shows almost 40 degrees for the next 10 days

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2020, 08:12 PM »
My forecast shows almost 40 degrees for the next 10 days
I WAS TALKING ABOUT NITES, MY BAD. FORGIVE ME. SO WHAT IS YOUR PREDICTION??? So do you think we will have some ice before the new year?

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2020, 08:38 AM »
Doubtful around Lake /Porter Counties. Maybe farther east? Seems like Fort Wayne area has better ice then we do?
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Daybreak

« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2020, 08:54 AM »
The sun is a pretty powerful factor on our temps and ability to freeze things.  That being said, the temp I see for 12-14 hours per night are at or below freezing.  My "prediction" for the last 10 years or more has been Dec 12th to have enough ice on the shallow channels or ponds for a skinny butt to venture out on.  I haven't seen that most years here recently, so I may have to push the date back.  Anyway, it is always fun this time of year to try and see how close to the actual date of safe ice shows up.  I will submit Dec. 18th as my prediction when someone in Indiana will post on Iceshanty a successful trip on "their" first ice.  Good luck to everyone.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2020, 09:41 AM »
Had some skim ice on the ponds this morning. So if and when we get a cold blast the local waters should be ready.

And other good news for ice fishing: I am in the process of installing a 54 inch snow blower to the PTO of my John Deere tractor. So there won't be much snow this winter, if at all, to insulate the ice! At least not in my immediate area of northern Indiana!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Spooled85

« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2020, 11:23 AM »
DON'T YELL AT ME BISHOP LOL ;D I'm gonna say January 5th

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2020, 12:06 PM »
DON'T YELL AT ME BISHOP LOL ;D I'm gonna say January 5th
I have been told that caps means yelling. Sometimes I type and don't look at what I have typed till I am done. When I see all caps then I am too tired to re-type. You must forgive us old folk.

rivereddy

« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2020, 01:58 PM »
When I went out to get wood for the stove, I noticed that despite the cold the ground had thawed already - verified by
the mud tracked into the kitchen.....

fish on,

rivereddy

Spooled85

« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2020, 06:11 PM »
I have been told that caps means yelling. Sometimes I type and don't look at what I have typed till I am done. When I see all caps then I am too tired to re-type. You must forgive us old folk.
Just had to give u a hard time

Spooled85

« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2020, 06:13 PM »
When I went out to get wood for the stove, I noticed that despite the cold the ground had thawed already - verified by
the mud tracked into the kitchen.....

fish on,

rivereddy

I noticed tonight while doing some yard work that the north side of my boiler in the shade still had frost on the ground tight to it , from this morning. At 430 this afternoon

abishop

« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2020, 05:42 AM »
most years you can walk on water by the 20th, somewhere.  this year id guess 25th.  the ramp by me has been frozen over last couple days.  only takes a few day cold snap now!  and who is 150#s anymore? lol
I have 2 buddies who are in their late 50's and both are 150 and 165.

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2020, 08:11 AM »
  and who is 150#s anymore? lol

Ain't that the truth!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2020, 08:14 AM »
I have 2 buddies who are in their late 50's and both are 150 and 165.

I've been trying to get back down to the 150. Closest so far is 160! At least I got rid of my gut. I used to weight 125 in high school but I was running 10 miles a day in track and cross-country.

RoeBoat

« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2020, 10:53 AM »
I guess I weighed 150 at some point in my life but I don't remember when.   I figured someone will be on some ice somewhere in NE Indiana this week to just be able to say they were.  If we don't get any big warm fronts in the next couple weeks I think there will be fish able ice after Christmas.  I may be ready by then.  If you're waiting for 6-8" I think you better move.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.