FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PREDICTIONS  (Read 3669 times)

abishop

Re: PREDICTIONS
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2020, 11:29 AM »
I must have 4, at 320 I dont need to get wet. Never have and never want to. If I ever fell in it would be the end 4 me.

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Here's what NWS says for temps, precipitation, and drought for the winter of 2020-2021.  They were spot on last winter IIRR correctly.

For northern Indiana equal chances for colder or warm, precip higher than normal (snow on what ice does form), and drought conditions continue.

https://www.weather.gov/arx/winter2021
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinator

« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2020, 06:12 PM »
Here's what NWS says for temps, precipitation, and drought for the winter of 2020-2021.  They were spot on last winter IIRR correctly.

For northern Indiana equal chances for colder or warm, precip higher than normal (snow on what ice does form), and drought conditions continue.

https://www.weather.gov/arx/winter2021
Kind of a broad prediction. It's going to either be warmer or colder with lots of snow but also a drought?
  Either way I will be ice fishing before new years. I'm not waiting around here, planning a Wisconsin trip the end of the month.

abishop

« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2020, 09:02 PM »
Old crappie rob just called me and said he was heading up to Minnesota for a couple weeks.

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2020, 05:33 AM »
Kind of a broad prediction. It's going to either be warmer or colder with lots of snow but also a drought?
  Either way I will be ice fishing before new years. I'm not waiting around here, planning a Wisconsin trip the end of the month.

Yes it is broad. That said you can have ample precip and still be in a drought if you have a significant precipitation deficit. And snow can evaporate (sublimate) and not recharge the aquifer due to frozen ground.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

apricot brandy

« Reply #20 on: Dec 11, 2020, 08:56 PM »
If you have frozen ground this early you already have ice.

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2020, 12:11 PM »
If you have frozen ground this early you already have ice.

Really? No kidding?  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.