FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kline Arm Ditch  (Read 1390 times)

Teacherpreacher

Kline Arm Ditch
« on: Dec 19, 2020, 08:07 AM »
On my way to a friend's house to do some rabbit hunting with Beagles Friday morning, drove over the Kline Arm Ditch at English Lake at 7:30 am. There were 5 guys all bundled up with big bobbers fishing  the Ditch. I assume they were fishing for Northerns? The temp on my truck was 21 degrees! I hear tell they do quite well there?
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Hexagenia51

Re: Kline Arm Ditch
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2020, 11:46 AM »
How was the rabbit hunting? I'm waiting on some snow cover to start running the beagles! Hex

Teacherpreacher

Re: Kline Arm Ditch
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2020, 08:12 AM »
Was really good! The first hour or so dogs had a tough time as there was a really heavy dry frost and 28 degrees. My buddy just got back into beagles. He has 5 dogs. We ran 3. A good looking male, 4 years old. A 22 month old female and a 6 month old pup. Pup has a heck of a nose. She hung right in there! They are really fast and over ran the track a number of times but as it warmed up tthings got better. They ran 7 rabbits but only 1 shot. Was really thick cover and with no snow not beat down at all. My buddy and his son shot 6 the weekend before so there are lots of bunnies.
I had to put my two females down a year apart, 2016 and 2017. They were littermates and as good a dogs as I've ever had. One was 12 years old and the other 13.  :-[Not getting any more!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.