FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: the mighty morel!  (Read 9662 times)

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
Re: the mighty morel!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2004, 12:02 PM »
Cider you're killing me!!  Here I am at work eating my crappy lunch and reading about your gourmet meal!!  I'd make those morels into a cream soup to start and add some wild rice to the poached brook trout and fiddleheads,  mmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :P :P!

Excuse me, I think I need to be alone for a minute ;D
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

Cider

« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2004, 12:05 PM »
A bed of wild rice, good call!  Garnish the trout with a few sprigs of fresh sweet basil and sliced cherry tomatoes for presentation!

Or, rice pilaf with a hint of smoke flavor...

fishermanjake

« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2004, 12:21 PM »
mmmm morels!!!! still got about a month and a half :(... one of the few good reasons for ice off ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2004, 12:52 PM »
cider...for presentation and flavor, some fruit is in order to compliment the meal...suggest nice slices of fresh mangoe and chocolate drizzled strawberries...i think your pick of wine would top this off.....grump

grumpymoe

« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2004, 01:57 PM »
well!!! i know the fiddleheads aren't in season yet, as are the morels....everything else is readily available.....what we need now, is a volunteer to prepare our suggested gastronomic delight, and look for food donors to sample....i know you will come up with an idea.....post it......grump  8) 8) 8)

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2004, 06:03 PM »
You guys can keep the mushrooms... they are evil

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2004, 08:30 PM »
Hey Grump and Cider:

Heres the morels already cooked for your meal courtesy of John-Boy

Mike

TroutFishingBear : theres nothing evil about these shrooms, they are not that kind, just delicious.

""TIGHT LINES"

grumpymoe

« Reply #22 on: Apr 08, 2004, 08:45 PM »
darn it!!! now i'm  going to eat that picture all night...how the heck am i going to get that tasty trout tomorrow morning??? thanks alot!!! grrrrrrrump ::) ::) ::)  cider???  step in and eat them up.... now!!! 

fishermanjake

« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:10 PM »
just make sure you don't pick the wrong mushrooms...you could be seing stars for a while or never again. ;)  Made for a good pic anyhow.

fozsey

« Reply #24 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:11 PM »
Jake,

Where did that come from?? The Smurfs maybe?  ;D

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:37 PM »
If ever I've seen a poison one Jake thats it. Bright colors are supposed to mean DANGER right?

Mike
""TIGHT LINES"

fishermanjake

« Reply #26 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:40 PM »
mostly i suppose, but boletes are pretty bright orange and most of them are bright to dull orange....but then they don't have gills or spots.

grumpymoe

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2004, 07:17 AM »
well everyone....after more than a foot of snow may 12/13 its all gone...a couple of somewhat decent days made me get my thumpers on to beat around for some early morels.....3 last night.....looks like fishing this our long weekend will not happen....quickly emerging leaves and ground cover growth will make this morel hunting weekend...conditions should be prime......but too short compared to most spring picking....will post pics during the weekend....grump ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.