FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What's your favorite veggie?  (Read 5726 times)

slipbob

What's your favorite veggie?
« on: Apr 08, 2004, 03:22 PM »
I love asparagus the best it's so good but it makes your p.. smell oh well it's worth it.  Second is a tie between fresh brussel sprouts and spinach.  The third has to be sugar snap peas.  It's critical though they are harvested fresh from the garden just like fish fresh is best.   What do you like?

grumpymoe

Re: What's your favorite veggie?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2004, 03:36 PM »
hey!! overlooked and untried by alot of people......fiddleheads steamed, and slathered with butter.......hope they pop up soon cider....grump

reubenpa

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2004, 03:48 PM »
the common corn...  then beans.... (they make me stink, but oh well only the fish will smell it...)  then carrots
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Cider

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2004, 04:18 PM »
mmmmmmmm.....fresh sugar snap peas...fiddleheads....asparagus.....fresh broccoli and cauliflower.....goooood!!  ;D

Brussel sprouts?!?!?!  :P  :-X  :P  :-X

Somers

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:14 PM »
When it comes to veggies, I discriminate against none.

I guess I like those that are green colored best though.  All that have been mentioned so far, but another I'll add is Zuccini (sp?). 

fresh from the garden OR grocery store. ;)

Also Slathered in butter after being grilled lightly right next to today's catch, whatever it is.  ;)

In a cream sauce.  ;)

Cider, what wine do we drink??  Slipbob, Which beer should I bring??lol

These threads just keep getting better and better.  Keep it up gents.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2004, 06:00 PM »
My favorite corn is roasted Olathe Sweet corn w/ butter. Olathe, Colorado, has some of the best sweet corn in the US. People from as far as california go to olathe to get corn. it is excellent if you haven't tried it.

i enjoy spinach on salads, along with lettece, tomato, and anything else you want to throw in there.

You guys can have the rest of these green beans off of my plate  ;)

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2004, 11:33 PM »
Fresh peaches and cream corn on the cob with butter and a little salt .Another favorite is sliced potatoes and carrots ,onions, butter, salt and pepper wrap it all up in foil and bbq until potatoes are cooked and golden mmmmm!!!!! ;D

fozsey

« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2004, 08:45 AM »
Fresh peaches and cream corn on the cob with butter and a little salt .Another favorite is sliced potatoes and carrots ,onions, butter, salt and pepper wrap it all up in foil and bbq until potatoes are cooked and golden mmmmm!!!!! ;D

You aren't my long lost brother are ya? :D Yummy!!!  ;D

suskymusky

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2004, 06:01 PM »
Mushrooms.I like to marinate Portabellas for a 1/2 hr in Italian dressing,then throw them on the grill.I love asparagus and fresh tomatos on the grill too.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

raleigh

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2004, 09:51 PM »
I would have to say snow peas #1. Than I would have to agree with TroutFishingBear, Olathe sweet corn is very good grilled on the BBQ. The town of Olathe has a festival every year, you pay 2 dollars and you can eat corn till you :-X puke.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2004, 11:57 AM »

You aren't my long lost brother are ya? :D Yummy!!!  ;D
Hey you never know  ;D

slipbob

« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2004, 03:27 PM »
This is it, right here the "best veggie ever" as comic book guy on the Simpsons would say.
I can't wait these baby's just started popping in the garden last week. Mmmmmm good!
[/img]

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2004, 12:05 PM »
I love them all But I have to have "Taters" with my meals. I also love Parsnips sauted in butter sliced lenghwise about 1/8 inch thick, saute till they get a little brown. Or Acorn Squash slice in half take out the seeds and pack them with Brown sugar and Maple syrup Leave the skin on and Bake till done. Serve it in its own bowl.
Yea I am getting fat but I love my food.
ColdFeet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.