FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last Cast  (Read 3214 times)

bogtrotter

Last Cast
« on: Nov 24, 2019, 01:10 PM »
I fished the South Hoosic today, from about 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM.

Twas truly disgusting weather .  . . steady drizzle, 38 degrees . . . and (as you might expect) the stream levels were fairly elevated, while the shoreline was slushy.

I fished where the South Hoosic starts (i.e., just below the waterfall where Cheshire Lake ends), then drove down to Cheshire Harbor and fished below the dam, and then drove down to Old Stone Mill and hiked/waded to some spots near Elm Rock (where I found a watch cap that I'd lost two weeks ago).

I had no action whatsoever until, on my way back to my car from Elm Rock, I took "one last cast" near the Old Stone Mill, and landed a scrappy 10" rainbow, which (needless to say) made my day.

stripernut

Re: Last Cast
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2019, 10:11 PM »
Nice going!

westernmas

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Way to get out Jim.  I usually have good luck in weather like yesterday.  I got out below the Farmington dam and landed a couple of rainbows and a small wild brown.  The first bow had some nice size to it and pulled considerable drag.  I fished the Housy in the Lee area Saturday and got a big skunking.  Actually found some ice on my way home.  Couldn't get on it but appeared to still have a solid 1-2 inches.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2019, 03:49 PM »
I got out  of work early this afternoon, so I fished the South Hoosic in Adams again, from 3:30 to 4:30 PM.

It was overcast and 48 degrees.  The stream levels were lower than this past Sunday.

I fished from the Old Stone Mill to Elm Rock, and caught one 12" rainbow (by the OSM) and a 10" brown (beneath the small roll dam above Elm Rock).

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2019, 08:03 PM »
Nice work Jim!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2019, 09:50 AM »
Keep at it Jim!
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor