FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42178 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2021, 08:37 AM »
My new office

No phones…no customers….no computers…..no stress.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Jun 23, 2021, 08:41 AM »
My new office

No phones…no customers….no computers…..no stress.
Rg

You've got it made! BTW a lot of employers are finding retired and older folks the ideal employees. Dependable and a good work ethics are their number one attributes.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2021, 08:44 AM »
Golf course ponds can be excellent for large golden shiners. I would do some investigating. Keep a baggie full of oatmeal in your pocket.

One of the biggest crappies I've ever seen came out of a Golf course pond. I think it was the only one in that pond!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #18 on: Jun 23, 2021, 09:47 AM »
Golf….the only game where one goes to extraordinary lengths  to do as little as possible.

Rg

Golf... a great way to ruin a perfectly good day!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Jun 23, 2021, 04:07 PM »
I’ll tell you what…I couldn’t be happier. Working for my son is something special……and …..I like the work. It’s impressive to see how much he knows about keeping up on a golf course. Players never see what it takes to make their day a dreadful walk.

Life is good!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Jun 25, 2021, 06:53 PM »
A day in the life….
The other guy who was supposed to mow approaches and collars didn’t show up. I did 10 holes on the back+#9 and they asked if I could stay and help finish  the front. …which I was happy to do ….with my son.

Waited almost 45 minutes while 3 groups of women and a group of guys sprayed balls all over a really easy  par 4. Saw several 5 putts on a not too big green. Made me feel pretty good about my game. I’m

Took me 2 1/2 hrs to do 10 holes and another 3 to do 4 holes. But, we got it done. Meeting my Son at 4:45 am to set cups for a member tournament tomorrow morning. Just a ride  along and learning day for me.

I like this work.

Rg

KingPerch

« Reply #21 on: Jun 25, 2021, 07:15 PM »
I’m happy to hear that you are enjoying your un-retired time, Bob. Working with your son is an added bonus!!! I know the feeling!!! Although, I’ll never figure out what being retired means….😁
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Jul 22, 2021, 06:18 PM »
My Son and I played 9 on our course this afternoon. No charge …thank you very much! What a beautiful golf course it is. We played here some 20 years ago when he worked it. It’s so much better now.

As we made our way around I couldn’t help but be proud of the way it looked. I have my little part but my Son has a major part in keeping it the class course it is.

That aside I hit some really good shots for an “Old Man”.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #23 on: Jul 22, 2021, 06:49 PM »
My Son and I played 9 on our course this afternoon. No charge …thank you very much! What a beautiful golf course it is. We played here some 20 years ago when he worked it. It’s so much better now.

As we made our way around I couldn’t help but be proud of the way it looked. I have my little part but my Son has a major part in keeping it the class course it is.

That aside I hit some really good shots for an “Old Man”.

Nice, I get that same sense of accomplishment when  driving on roads I built years ago when I get back to Montana.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Jul 23, 2021, 09:33 AM »
Helped him cut cups for a while this morning after I was done mowing. He’s teaching me new things every day.

Very enjoyable.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Jul 23, 2021, 02:50 PM »
Sounds like fun Bob..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Jul 23, 2021, 04:32 PM »
It is, but the triplex is testing my knees. The constant repetition of back and forth on the pedals has my right knee pretty stiff. I’m sure I’ll get used to it. Guess I’m getting old or something.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Jul 24, 2021, 06:35 AM »
A neoprene knee brace and some icy hot goes a long way Bob..
 Seems to be part of my daily apparel lately…. :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Jul 24, 2021, 10:11 AM »
Yup, I use the RICE method. Rest, elevation, compression, ice. I have 3 different braces from sleeve to mega brace with hinged supports. It’s just a new repetitive motion thing. Along with being an old fart. I’ll probably just get used to it and the course will shut down for the winter.

Then I can start all over again next spring.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Jul 28, 2021, 10:16 AM »
Pretty morning at the course. Cool and lots of dew.
A bit of my handiwork.

More of my work space.

Did 16 approaches and collars today. The other guy was a no show.
It’s a pretty course. We’ll be playing tomorrow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.