FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stripers  (Read 5892 times)

Knot there yet

Re: Stripers
« Reply #30 on: Jun 13, 2017, 07:28 AM »
First keeper on kayak only 12lbs.

Knot there yet

« Reply #31 on: Jun 16, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Another little guy

Knot there yet

« Reply #32 on: Jun 19, 2017, 07:56 AM »
Chased down some striper Saturday. Giant harbor seal and I fished same spot. Strange first time I've caught fish with seals close on north shore. Fish usually scatter when seals show up. Went out to sea to see tall ships and on way back in three seals on the rocks. The sharks are coming no doubt this year. Then the people will cry about the sharks not the seals crazy. The seals have claimed that spot now for the summer. Gonna have to make the kayak a spitfire model. And some teeth graphics on bow. Sunday me and osprey family fished together they showed me the bait. No fish on them but this is what I live for these baits 2-3lbs baits.

Knot there yet

« Reply #33 on: Jul 17, 2017, 08:46 AM »
They are a blast. I got into a blitz on Joppa one morning that lasted hours. Caught more than we cared to count, all on the fly rod from the yak.

well I finally took the fly rod out I bought two years. Old timer told me I had to buy it he had it custom made for trolling for pike in his kayak. Went out on tidal flats in kayak with white bucktail fly going after stripers. Fishfinder told me I had locates school I put the fly out. It was game on for the next three hours one after the other after ten fish I removed the barb to prevent damage. Biggest fish was 20"  on 6wt. 8'6"  I may be the one that got hooked really. What a blast seeing that rod bend like that. Next trip may be fly rods only. Steelhead splashing in a river is one thing but stripers in open water wow. I want get a bluefish on fly rod now. I see a lot of my dollars being spent on this fly fishing thing now.

lowaccord66

« Reply #34 on: Jul 17, 2017, 02:14 PM »
Nice job.  I am setting one up for albies myself!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.