FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mansfield 4/19  (Read 997 times)

imsafanct

Mansfield 4/19
« on: Apr 20, 2015, 07:31 AM »
Instead of fishing Mashapaug we hit Mansfield, as I was thinking that it might still have been a touch early for bass, but still prime time for pike. Neat place.

We only fished the upper portion of the Hollow (boat launch side). I imagine it gets very weedy there once it warms, similar to Moodus.   

We got skunked but I did see lots of fish swimming about, especially in the new milfoil growth; panfish, perch, crappie, largemouths and, most importantly to me, pike.

We found a secluded shallow area with emerging green bottom growth (not milfoil) and I spotted two larger pike hanging out together, only to dart off as soon as we spooked them. On the trip back past that same spot, there they were again, holding fins.

The bass were starting to group together, some of them of decent size, but I didn't see any beds yet. I had one of the larger bass pick up and promptly spit my black/blue grassmaster jig & pig. That was all the action we had. Water temps peaked at around 52 in the cloudless sky.

I'd like to get back there again, and soon, as once the weeds get going, I don't know where I'd be able to locate the pike.

-Eric

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.