FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another sign.......  (Read 1633 times)

rivereddy

Another sign.......
« on: Jun 23, 2020, 06:51 AM »
 Anybody else see the "Golden Fish" commercial by the insurance company
shilled by a lizard? -  you know, save 15% or more... The shoot captures a little
girl fishing off the back of her dad's large pleasure craft landing a gold colored
fish that coughs up money.  She is holding the spin casting rig with the reel
beneath the  rod and reeling backwards.  Either we have hit yet another valley
in the general public's awareness of fishing tackle or someone in that add
agency has a wicked sense of ironic humor.

fish on, give these people a cane pole, fish off

rivereddy

filetandrelease

Re: Another sign.......
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2020, 07:00 AM »

No I haven’t lol ,

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2020, 01:48 PM »
No I haven’t lol ,

Three types of people that usually know nothing about fishing:

1. Film makers
2. Advertising agencies
3. Real Estate people.

Film makers usually screw it up really bad (On Golden Pond)

Advertising agents as in the above commercial screw up the details.

Real Estate agents are usually clueless about the fishing.  But then many of the people that live in the expensive houses on the lakes never fish.

Was once reading a good book that was well researched up until they got to the part where a location in Florida was known for catching bass with beemoths!  :rotflol:

The book was written by a resident of NYC.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

icefisher47

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:43 PM »
That is one of the more stupid commercials out there.
Take a kid fishing

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2020, 07:50 PM »
yea I seen it. lol  then dump the coins all over and back in lake to boot. they do it to make you remember it.  messing with your mind and implanting subliminal messages in ya. lol

don't even get me started on the "unreality" shows.  or the "we hunted hard for this buck" shows(setting over a feeder). lol please
Lol, that's why I quit watching any whitetail hunting shows, will watch mule deer and elk hunting shows, bit more free chase.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2020, 07:06 AM »
You know there is a plus side to other people not knowing anything about fishing. Can you imagine the crowded boat ramps etc. if everybody was a consummate angler? In a New Hampshire thread they are complaining that the Covid-19 outbreak has brought everyone and his brother to the boat ramps...
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rivereddy

« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2020, 07:51 AM »
You know there is a plus side to other people not knowing anything about fishing. ...
   I can and have seen it:

3 reflections here...  I was told by a fairly creditable source that fishing license sales are way up in Indiana.  The availability of cheap water craft - kayaks has put a lot more people on the water.  Last Sunday afternoon, The wife and I paddled down and fished a stretch of river just north of town. It was a beautiful day and we literally saw several hundred people wading/swimming and generally just hanging out on the river.  On the one hand it's great that the resource is valued, on the other the crowding puts a massive strain on same

fish on,

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.