FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: And....The Battle Begins!  (Read 9836 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
And....The Battle Begins!
« on: Jul 04, 2017, 03:01 PM »
Damned Japanese beetles are attacking. Broke put the Malathion and bought some Neem Oil concentrate today. Found some clusters eating away at my Morning Glories. I've since found them in my Mariglods, strawberries and Petunias.

I might sneak over and hang a trap in my Neighbor's yard :evil:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: And....The Battle Begins!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2017, 03:13 PM »

Great, I was just saying that we made it through June with no invasion. I used a pesticide that I added to the water and the trees drank it up. Can't remember what it was called though..... And I've been treating with Neem when the rain permits me too. Stuff is expensive >:( Right now my battle is with Rust on my apples and slugs on my cukes.

drowndin dots

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2017, 03:13 PM »

And slugs on Lisa's Dalias......

fishin4eyes

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:03 PM »
What are you using on the rust? My trees have got it bad

drowndin dots

« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:24 PM »
What are you using on the rust? My trees have got it bad

I have just started using Neem oil with the break in the rain.

drowndin dots

« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:26 PM »

Well RG thanks for the heads up. Went out and looked at my cherry tree.......
  >:(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:38 PM »
They're just a plague in waiting. Last year was the worst I've ever seen. Seems the weather is just perfect for the rotten buggers. Hot and dry Just when they want it.

I've sprayed with Malathion twice now and it's definitely helping. I don't have anything to harvest in the next couple weeks so I'm ok with it. But, tomorrow morning I'm spraying Neem oil. On just about everything.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Neem oil all around! Everything....even the volunteer sunflowers. Tomatoes, cukes, pickles, beans, snow peas, squash, petunias, mariglods, lillies, Moon Flowers, morning glories, Passion flowers, dahlias, all my herbs ( found damage to my cinnamon Basil), strawberries, impatiens, begonias, lobelia, hostas, plantains......everyone got a dose.

It's expensive stuff, but it seems to go a long way. It took less than a gallon of mix to do everything. I did a mild mix of 2 oz. / gallon of water. Don't want to get too aggressive....yet.

We'll see :-\

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Only found 2 beetles,on my Moon Flowers when I got home today. I'll give them another squirt later. So far.....so good for the Neem.

Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2017, 03:59 PM »

Yeah, the Neem is holding up so far here as well.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Had to re-apply to my petunias and worst of all.....the asparagus. They decided it was next on the menu. Found a few on the leaf lettuce and strawberries too. Seems if they're really hungry, nothing will stop them. But...I took great pleasure in squashing all I could find.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2017, 06:12 PM »
They've zeroed in on my asparagus and I've murdered 50 or so in the last two days. I found that if I spray them with Malathion they get so slow I can pick them off and drown them in a coffee can with Malathion, water and Dawn.

They would have to run rampant to do any damage to the asparagus. I ain't gonna let that happen.

2 more weeks or so and they'll be done. Then I'm treating the lawns and gardens with milky spore and (the lawns) with everything I can find.

Rg

O

« Reply #12 on: Jul 09, 2017, 08:36 PM »
I use Sevin to kill off the Japanese beetles, seems to work in one application.   If needed, reapply in 10 days.

BLACK ICE

« Reply #13 on: Jul 10, 2017, 05:52 AM »

Have any of you tried Milky Spores, it is kind of pricey but it works, you put down two applications and you're good to go
            for a few years. I did it and it works here. According to the guy a our nursery there are two hatchings a season that's why
            the two applications.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/GRANULAR-MILKY-SPORE-20LB/22251130?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1293&adid=22222222227016838130&wl0=&wl1=s&wl2=c&wl3=62923887129&wl4=pla-99457436409&wl5=9051781&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113137480&wl11=online&wl12=22251130&wl13=&veh=sem

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Jul 10, 2017, 06:12 AM »
Damned Japanese beetles are attacking. Broke put the Malathion and bought some Neem Oil concentrate today. Found some clusters eating away at my Morning Glories. I've since found them in my Mariglods, strawberries and Petunias.

I might sneak over and hang a trap in my Neighbor's yard :evil:

Rg

Raising fish I thought it would be the cat's meow to trap them and use them to feed the fish. Guess what? Fish have to be really hungry to eat them. At least mine do.

My neighbor set up a trap one year and we ended up with more than ever.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.