FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: virus  (Read 10678 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
virus
« on: Mar 08, 2020, 08:31 AM »
can't help but wonder if the   corona virus is  going  to affect anyones  traveling  or  fishing vacations .....starting to look like it's here to stay
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mac Attack

Re: virus
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2020, 10:36 AM »
Welcome back Trap

It’s not effecting mine
I’m cruising now

Flukeman

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2020, 12:55 PM »
It won't effect mine, most of my trips are local anyway. I am going to Canada in May, so I suppose if they close the border it would effect me. I live in an area that has many retired people who go south vatious times between January and April. None of them have cancelled any of their flights these last couple months of travel.

In the end I think it will be another variation of the flu. Eventually they will have a vaccine, in the mean time people should do what they can to keep a sanitized environment around them. If your older or have health issues I would be very aware of feeling sick and get treated right away just to be on safe side.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2020, 10:32 PM »
I personallly believe it's all hype from the media . Every year there is a new strain of the flu and everyone gets crazy. I'm certainly not saying people shouldn't wash their hands, but everyone seems crazy on these hand sanitizers  and disinfectants. Let your body build up it's immune system.
P.S.  I'm still fishing.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2020, 04:40 AM »
The CDC estimates the 2018-19 season had 35.5 million sick with regular influenza. 16.5 million went to the DR's for it. 490,600 hospitalized and 34,200 deaths. Corona just doesn't seem to be this bad. Maybe I'm wrong, but I also think this is another political ploy. "Never let a crisis go to waste"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2020, 04:47 AM »
It's not hype if you live in a place where people are packed together like worms in a coffee can.

I work part time in a retail environment. The computers, shopping carts, employee break room, rest rooms and grateful customers who want to shake your hand make me cringe. I carry hand sanitizer all the time. I have since I started in the store.

Wash your hands.....really wash your hands, avoid touching your face, eyes and nose and don't hang around with sick people! If you're ill....STAY HOME!

That said, we sold out of every kind of dust mask and respirator we stocked  about 3 weeks ago. Now it's rubber gloves. Next they'll be buying giant plastic bags and tyvek suits to wear.

DS...you hit the nail on the head!

Will it affect my fishing? No.....I fish alone.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2020, 07:04 AM »
My kid is finishing up college in Hempsted Long island and bartending at a  big sports bar.  He called 11:00 last night to tell us they cancled classes till further notice..   Hes afraid of no graduation.    And we have reservations down there for a week in May.......... >:( >:(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

FrankM

« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2020, 08:47 AM »
What the fake impeachment failed to accomplish, the fake coronavirus scare is succeeding to do. The fake news has successfully shattered the confidence of the American People.  There are many things that occur that kill way more people than the coronavirus.  We need to stop running around with our hair on fire and live our lives. Go to work, go fishing, enjoy your families and ignore fake news.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

reeleyz

« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2020, 12:30 PM »
And this is why I don't watch or read the news. Seriously the last time I watched the news was on Halloween because we were at my in laws house and it was on their TV. Not worth my time or aggravation.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2020, 12:53 PM »
And this is why I don't watch or read the news. Seriously the last time I watched the news was on Halloween because we were at my in laws house and it was on their TV. Not worth my time or aggravation.

I can’t agree more, with the news and the in-laws

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2020, 03:13 PM »
Well, ignorance is bliss I've heard. I choose to listen and decide for myself.

I can understand a scare in Long Island. Hope everything goes well for him Dom.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Pequod1

« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2020, 04:36 PM »
We just cancelled our flight to Seattle. My youngest son was scheduled to defend his doctoral research on the 19th at the university of Washington.  The campus is now closed and a staff member there tested positive.  My son tells me seattle is turning into a ghost town.  People are afraid to go out.  Pikes market is empty.
This is what I know. It’s real for me and some of you better start believing too.

TRC

bbfrogger

« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2020, 04:41 PM »
Won't affect me at all - the vast majority of the people that get it experience symptoms similar to a mild cold.  The reaction of the media is ridiculous.  Its only a big deal because they want it to be a big deal.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2020, 04:59 AM »
We just cancelled our flight to Seattle. My youngest son was scheduled to defend his doctoral research on the 19th at the university of Washington.  The campus is now closed and a staff member there tested positive.  My son tells me seattle is turning into a ghost town.  People are afraid to go out.  Pikes market is empty.
This is what I know. It’s real for me and some of you better start believing too.
That's a shame. But, better safe than sorry.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.