FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky adding to my arsenal..2013  (Read 8161 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
BassJunky adding to my arsenal..2013
« on: Mar 20, 2013, 08:09 AM »
Like always I like to get my soft water purchases in early, beat the crowds and the "out of stock" issues.. Here is what I have been adding so far..

1) Spro Little John Squarebill

I have been using more and more squarbills, heard a lot of good things about this one, so I added one to the arsenal

2) Rapala Rippin Rap

watched an InFisherman TV episode on this bait in the spring, Im headed south this spring in search of monster smalls, thought it may come in handy

3) Accu-Cul culling system

three years or wrecking my fingers on poor culling systems, time for an upgrade

4) Trigger X Flippin Tube

I liked the look of this tube.. end of story

5) Perfect Jig Chunks

local Canadian company banging out good jigs and chunks

5) You;vella Hook (swim or frog)

Heard about them for years, nevery tried them, but in my search for the perfect frog hook I could not pass it up

6) VMC Swimbait Hook

Cool idea, the weight can be twisted and slide up and down to change the placement/fall, I like what I have seen from VMC recently

Im also getting work done on my bass tattoo sleeve, but dont think it counts

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
Re: BassJunky adding to my arsenal..2013
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2013, 02:52 AM »
You gotta grab some rapala clanking raps, cranks, and minnows! I've had the best luck with them. I gotta figure out how to post and resize photos....I have a lot of new gear to show off

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2013, 07:05 AM »
Not a huge clackin rap fan, but as soon as my local shop has the scatter rap I know I will be loading up on some of those

Use Photobucket.com to post you photos, very easy and they have a resize function

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2013, 01:10 PM »
I went to bass pro in search of the scatter rap, didn't have em in stock. Looks like ill be ordering them

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2013, 08:18 AM »
nice lookin choices! i gotta get my hands on the new rapala xrap coundowns they look sweet.
done dirt cheap!

royjulius

• Bluegills and Shorelunch!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2013, 07:50 AM »
Looks like you're ready to go! Those are some good choices. I recently got into the square bills and they are the best cranks I've ever used. I was having a no bite day last year and I put one of those on (different brand) and I caught 2 bass in my first 2 casts and then a 3 pounder on the 5th cast. I was sold. A good glass rod really helps. Something with a sweet parabolic bend. Nice tattoos!

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Good start BassJunky. :)

I have a rippin' rap in the same color as you purchased and it's been a great lure for pike and walleye during the open water season and a good jigging lure through the ice also.
Bass should eat it to.

I also hope to get some of those Rapala scatter rap baits. 8)
There are none of them in-store yet around here so I will have to wait until they area available in my province or order online. :-\

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2013, 08:05 AM »
I have been busy over the past couple weeks so Im about to unload some more new baits on ya...

Otimum Baits Opti Shad, this is a very cool little swimnbait, that I cant wait to get on the water

The second swim bait I bought was from Reins, it is the Fat Rock Vibe sad, weird looking bait, but feels like it should be nice and durable

Reins Ax Craw, I was looking for a beefier craw style flipping bait, and I think I found it

Reins Ring Craw, Im hoping to get some serious use out of this while bed fishing this spring on my trip into NY. I love the smaller craws, good to slip in around timber

I picked up both new Booyah Frogs, the padcrasher Jr and the Poppin Pad Crasher, still the best frogs for the money in my opinion

I head some good things abour the Hackney flipping hook, but I was not prepared for how beefy these things actually are, crazy

I have also been converting all my reels over to Daiwa these past coupld season, and for this year I picked up some of the new Lexa reels, impressively smooth and comparable to older Curado's befor Shimano ruined them

at the same time I loaded up on Daiwa Samurai braid, I was very happy with the spool I bought last season.

Only one new rod for me this season, I picked up a Dobyns 734c, it will get some time on jigs, and swim baits

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 23, 2013, 11:03 PM »
Love the daiwas! I got a daiwa t3 ballistic and I absolutely love it. I won't even touch my revo sx now

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #9 on: Apr 24, 2013, 07:08 AM »
yeah, I have a pair of those, great reels

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2013, 01:05 PM »
They are casting machines! I'd love to get a zillion and the almighty steez

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #11 on: Apr 30, 2013, 11:30 AM »
A couple more small purchases from this past weekend

first off is the new larger sized Live Target mouse, I hated how small they made the original series, and this new larger version is a big improvement

Part 2 is just a re-up on some hook sizes that I blow through.. I remember when my hook arsenal was 80% Gammie, now it is about 10%. Trokar makes up 80% and the last 10% is split between a whack of companies that Im test driving

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2013, 11:32 AM »
I guess I should show off my tournament jersey as well. It arrived late last week, looks awesome

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #13 on: Apr 30, 2013, 01:23 PM »
I got a live target mouse too, can't wait to break it out opening day of pike.....see how it's holds up to toothy critters

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.