FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Minn Kota V2  (Read 34093 times)

gundogwanted

Minn Kota V2
« on: Aug 05, 2013, 04:56 AM »
I just found a buy on a Minn Kota Power Drive V2. It is two years old and is going for $275.00
The unit is a 40 lb thrust, and is 48". I want this for my Smokercraft Pro Mag 140 deep V. (14.5') I currently have a Motorguide w/36 lbs. and works well with the boat, but, I want to move up to Minn Kota for the future use of a copilot plus, I like the idea of the 18' cable. 
Any input on a good/no good buy.
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

steelie1975

Re: Minn Kota V2
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2013, 04:55 PM »
too much for a older V2 and only 40 lbs thrust. IMO
Steelieslayer

gundogwanted

« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2013, 03:46 AM »
That's for reply steelie, I took the motor for 250. It didn't have a quick release so I told him I would need to get one, so he came down 25.
Thanks again.
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

robbi

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2013, 09:38 AM »
So how did that Powerdrive work on your boat?  Hope it was a good deal.  For what you paid I would expect it to work perfectly.  I put a Terrova on this year and love it.  I know a guy that just put I pilot on his powerdrive  (used, came with the boat) and then the motor crapped out.....lol.  isn't that the way.  He replaced it with a Terrova so now has an I pilot sitting around.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.