FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: looking for the strongest magnetic net release possible!  (Read 13268 times)

TightLinesMaine

bought a loon outdoors magnetic net release and its complete junk.... the magnets get stuck in the split rings it comes with which is very frustrating and the magnet is just not strong enough for my wooden frabill net... need a STRONG magnet that can hold a somewhat heavier wooden style net... any suggestions on brand/kind?

i dont care if i have to yank extremely hard to pull the net off the release i just want a magnet that will hold my net while walking/rock hopping/banging off legs & body

stripernut

Re: looking for the strongest magnetic net release possible!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2013, 11:54 PM »
There are loads of them on ebay, most list the lb pull... If the large split ring is opening up, wrap a little tape around the opening, just slice it off, when you need to open.

TightLinesMaine

Re: looking for the strongest magnetic net release possible!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2013, 01:00 AM »
There are loads of them on ebay, most list the lb pull... If the large split ring is opening up, wrap a little tape around the opening, just slice it off, when you need to open.

ive seen some that are 12 lb pull, just none of the ones ive seen like this have solid reviews thats why im asking on here

the split rings aren't opening up its just the magnets get stuck inside them due to magnetism.. poorly designed IMO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.