FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Seasick  (Read 2499 times)

allthumbs

Seasick
« on: Jun 29, 2010, 01:47 PM »
went out on Erie last night   4-6ft rollers a few bigger ones here and there. The hour ride out took about  an hour and a half , rough ride . As soon as we anchored I knew I was in trouble .Fished for about 20 mins trying to fight it off but  not a chance . Reeled up my line a got ready for the punishment   Do I need to say more. Took 2 dramamine before the trip but didn't work. First time in over 10 yrs    guess thats why I like the hard water so much. Any home remedies for before and after the trip?

venisonman

Re: Seasick
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Bonine works soooooo much better than dramamine.
Take it from a guy that has suffered from motion sickness for over 40 years with dramamine.
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

crappie_rod

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2010, 08:34 PM »
I don't have any luck with any remedies. I have tried alot of different things. That's why I stay off Lake Erie.

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2010, 04:48 PM »
chew on some ginger root. If you don't like that, drink some ginger ale made with ginger like Canada dry.
Ken A.

allthumbs

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2010, 06:24 PM »
I always take gingerale and pretzels with me   didn't on this trip     i was dehydrated  and only drank 2 coffees that day  my mistake      that and the big rollers should have told me 2 stay at work 

Neuball

« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2010, 01:44 AM »
An old charter boat captain told me that you get seasick because of air in your stomach or gas,his remedy was to drink carbonated soda,ginger ale as stated the best,burb alot ,then eat a little,then drink burb.It works most of the time for me.But 4 to 6 ft. rollers??????

jackaroo

« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2010, 06:45 AM »
went out on Erie last night   4-6ft rollers a few bigger ones here and there. The hour ride out took about  an hour and a half , rough ride . As soon as we anchored I knew I was in trouble .Fished for about 20 mins trying to fight it off but  not a chance . Reeled up my line a got ready for the punishment   Do I need to say more. Took 2 dramamine before the trip but didn't work. First time in over 10 yrs    guess thats why I like the hard water so much. Any home remedies for before and after the trip?

Try eating some ginger snaps cookies.

icenutter

• Fish on
« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2010, 12:22 PM »
I can vouch for the Bonine.  Went deep sea fishing and had 5 to 6 foot rollers all day, not a problem.

I was worroed because I took dramamine the last time I went out and it did not work so well. :sick:

mr.clean

« Reply #8 on: Jul 08, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Allthumbs I know the feeling ,sorry do not have any home remedies . A friend who is a former army medic says to eat even though you sure do not want to even smaller waves do me in so I stick to shore or smaller lakes and ponds.
  I'm curious what is this Bonnie product a few of you recommend.
 Steve

dmntd169

« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2010, 06:47 PM »
I'm curious what is this Bonnie product a few of you recommend.

http://www.bonine.com/

Also there are seasickness/ motion sickness bracelets available that work as well
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.