FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: the ones that get away!  (Read 1859 times)

Spider1

the ones that get away!
« on: Jun 17, 2017, 06:26 AM »
Chez and I hit a small lake in Gouldsboro yesterday evening for a few hours. I got there around 4:30, it was over cast and the lake was pretty much dead calm so I started pitching a popper and right off the bat hooked into a nice crappie but it got off almost right away. I saw that flash of silver, a few head shakes and it was gone! Caught a small perch but then the wind picked up a little and the water got a little choppy. Chez showed up and we started working edges. I hooked a few perch, one about 13" and then something took my popper. I never got to see it but it was stripping line without effort, either a big pickerel or a bass ( I'm saying bass ). Then it was gone! Hit a couple small perch and then hooked into another nice bass, about 3#. It jumped about a foot out of the water and spit the hook! Had a couple more more hits but just couldn't keep them on the hook. The lake started to calm down again so I started pitching jitterbugs, I had a couple hits but couldn't hook anything!!!

All my hooks were sharp, I was getting solid sets, just couldn't hook a thing! Just as we were pulling the yaks out the wind died and the water glassed over and a fog started rolling in. But, it was time to crack a cold one and brag about the ones that got away!

CHEZ2

Re: the ones that get away!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2017, 05:45 PM »
Was a good time as usual buddy.
Bite was a bit off for sure.
The bass on the black jitter bug at the end of the NITE
Was my highlight.
A few pickerel were fun also.
We gotta get RUtnut  out with us.

Spider1

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2017, 05:16 AM »
lol, dude, you gotta turn off yer auto correct!  ;D

RuttNutt

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2017, 01:39 PM »
I have days like that once in a while. Seems like I either miss them or lose them before they get to the boat/shore.  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.