FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kingston Walleye  (Read 5321 times)

MegaRam

Kingston Walleye
« on: Sep 02, 2013, 07:08 PM »
Was out the other night, off the ceder island point and to my surprise, I caught a Walleye. I didn't know there was any out front here. Didn't get a pic though.
and other news.. Im starting to venture out farther with the boat, Took a trip this weekend from Fort H all the way to Ahamsertview island, and to the back side of Wolf island.. I like to call it the big water, in my little boat..lol..   All in all.. been catching 2-3lb bass off ceder island, and a few pike.

Question:  I have a downrigger rod, with steel line, and a long Lake Troll,   Will this work in Loughbrough lake? I don't have a down rigger, so im trying make due.. So far its only the winter time i can catch trout in that lake.  any tips would be awesome.

I will start posting some pics up soon, and getting back on to reports and stuff...
So much Fishing, So little time for other stuff..lol

TheDL

Re: Kingston Walleye
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Were's cedar island?  Lake O?

If you have a down rigger rod with wire line and want to get it deep pick up a dipsy diver.  I use them to get trolling spoons down deep and they work great after you get used to them.  Can't say I've had much luck trolling for lakers on loborough, but some guys do.  Charleston lake seems to have an easier trolling bite for some reason, maybe it's just a better population of lakers.   
tight lines....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.