FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Found my Dad's 1965 Nascar pin  (Read 4133 times)

Chainsaw

Found my Dad's 1965 Nascar pin
« on: Apr 23, 2007, 03:25 AM »
While going through some of my Dad's stuff, (he'd died last year), I found his Nascar pin from 1965. I don't know where mine is though. We were only involved with Nascar for a few years 'cause their rules were made to force all cars and drivers to use Southern tracks at all their events or yer out.

We had too many racing teams to build engines for in other venues to be strapped down to only Nascar so we told 'em to go zip up a rope. Later they changed the rules because they'd lost so many good shows but my venue was racing motorcycles by then, so I told 'em to go zip up a rope.

I wonder what those pins are worth on eBay, although I know I'm keepin' my Dad's, and my other ones, if I ever find 'em.

cdc

Re: Found my Dad's 1965 Nascar pin
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2007, 08:55 AM »
Good find.
 Would love it if ya posted a pic of it..Never seen one before.

The Nymph

• Got Slime?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2007, 09:25 AM »
That's really cool.  You should post a pic if you get the chance.  Sorry to hear about your dad, though.  A sports memorabilia shop might be able to give you an idea of what something like that is worth. ;)

Official First Lady of MIRC - That's why I roll with such a handsome mantourage.
"Honey, I got something!  You better get the net, it might be a rockbass!  Oh, nevermind, it's just the anchor."
I've never actually seen a rally monkey but, if I ever do, I hope he's playing a kazoo.

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2007, 06:52 PM »
Chainsaw
Thats pretty cool having something from the past from your father. I still got the old USAC drivers card pass from 1949 from my father when he used to run midgets here on a local track. I was on Ebay the other day and saw a midget car all refurbished from the same era and it was pretty awsome piece of equipment. I remember him saying how they ran a fordson tractor motor in his ride and they did pretty well untill the guys with the old Offenhausers came along. Great stories to hang on to and pass along to the kids.
Did you put the plug in the boat?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.