FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: nascar is for wimps  (Read 7263 times)

holewatcher

nascar is for wimps
« on: Feb 23, 2006, 10:38 AM »
 :P In my opion nascar will never be what it was intended. First of all the people who started racing where shine runners who got together to race for bragging rites, second: It was ran on dirt tracks so every small town could enjoy the fun. third Asphalt is for highways, and not for racing.
    All the mega tracks are out for the allmighty dollar and not for fun, it has been commercially gotten out of hand. The drivers are not of the calliber of a racers I grew up to admire. PR IS ALL THEY THINK ABOUT, AND "MONEY" (the key word).
    If your not racing on dirt, your just out for a sunday drive.

Anchorman

Re: nascar is for wimps
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2006, 11:23 AM »
After Sundays fiasco, i'm pretty much set with the BS as well.

monarkman

« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2006, 11:41 AM »
Oh,don't forget we don't want agressive driving either.It's starting to be a pencil neck geeks sport.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2006, 06:03 PM »
They should at least take the restrictor plates away...

Shawner

• I'm goin' fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2006, 10:33 AM »

I agree, get rid of the plates and figure out another way to keep the cars from going airborn and put racing back into racing on the super speedways. Way to much thought goes into the sponsor part of NASCAR. Let them race and get upset if they need to, mom isin't going to care if the boys get a little outta hand. DW, Earnhart, Pearson, Spencer, the sport needs these kind of guys to keep it exciting. I get tired of the automatic, same thank you as before for the sponsors, its become cleche'. Yes, they need them, but at this point it's all obvious that without them they can't race. I wish one would say " I'd like to thank that blone at the bar the other night for giving me the confidence to get 'er done, Thanks Honey!" Just for something different. ;D

Shawner

• I'm goin' fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2006, 10:37 AM »

Sorry for the poor spelling on that one! Got a little excited there.

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Holewatcher
I hear what your saying but for the life of me see it as All raceing in any form is about money. Money to put a car on the track Money for crews to work on them wether you just buy a pit pass for them or whatever. All raceing takes money just diffrent amounts for diffrent levels. You have to realize the track makes it not the car owners or drivers. 3 million to put a Nextell car on the track or a few hundred for a street roach either way you arent in it for the money you do it for the fun. For the Locals who run the big purse is maybe a couple hundred dollars and with that money on the line they will drive over anyone who gets in their way it doesnt matter how much it cost to fix the car after just win at any cost. We've had it happen many time when we went to diffrent tracks and run with the hotshot of that track the guy slams the car puts us in a fence but thats fine acording to officials they didn't see it but if we rail that same guy later we get tossed. Hmmm fair huh. Right now we are running a Dirt Mod and can say at times I want to go back to pavement racing. Dirt has no consistancies to their rules either for drivers or for Tech If they decide to tech or not. I love racing on dirt but they had better get with the progarm they set forth, right now they are about 20 yrs behind Nascar.
ColdFeet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2009, 06:12 PM »
What ever happened to racing? Go as fast as you can, a wreck is part of the deal! Pi#% on NASCAR rules!

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2009, 07:38 AM »
Ah yes forget the rules. Its quite simple the rules especialy on small hometown tracks are there to keep drivers comming back plain and simple. If no rules were in effect the guys with the heaviest pockets keep winning. Money is a issue when it comes to putting a car on the track and 99% of the money comes from the cars owner and for the most the same guy is the driver. Without rules a guy who has a deep pocket can purchase a Hendricks engine say a 358 dry sump pushing close to 600 hp for a mear $65,000  why some poor sap who only can afford a a plain jane 355 wet sump engine really doesnt have a snowballs chance of placing in the money. This is why all divisions run rules. This is for the most done to keep things even for all drivers and for the tracks to draw people to its stands every event. Now of course there are those who say read into the rules and of course are called cheaters but well give them credit if they can find HP by following the rules only to stretch them a little well then go for it. Untill the officials come up with a specific on them then its all open for extorting them till you are told otherwise. I have done this myself and had the officials baffeled for a few weeks by simply turning the 2 barrel carb sideways. On the dyno it was a 15hp gain. The rules stated we had to run a certian carb spacer and it allowed the bolt up there was nothing in there stating anything about carb position. So we stretched the rules and it was a gain for us. Keeping it a secret from other competitors was the trick making sure the carb was always under cover during tech. Well to end this the rules were changed again and the carb position was not allowed after a few weeks. Nothing new there but we did keep our points and feature wins. Next season we purchased a carb from DEI and it had good flow and power but because of complaints from other competetors because of the cost of such a carb again it was outlawed. That to me was a bunch of crap it was a spec carb nothing in it was against track or NASCAR rules but because it cost 1,200 to buy others found it to be a total advantage to us. So again it had to be put on a shelf for the summer. OH well back to the drawing board.
Did you put the plug in the boat?

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Non Athletic Sport Created Around Rednecks :laugh:

N     A        S       C           A          R

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.