FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Engine Mount Trolling Motor  (Read 3467 times)

vancouvercanuck

Engine Mount Trolling Motor
« on: Mar 12, 2004, 10:56 AM »

Anyone used one of these? Wondering how good they are? Any downside to them? Does it slow the boat down when waterskiing or wakeboarding? ETC, ETC.

Thanks in advance,
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
Re: Engine Mount Trolling Motor
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2004, 11:25 AM »
I haven't used one but your concerns are valid. I'm sure it will add drag and if your boat is borderline on power it will be more obvious.
I would think the biggest negative would be that you can't rotate it enough to have good boat control. You can only turn it as far as your gas motor can turn.

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Re: Engine Mount Trolling Motor
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2004, 02:46 PM »
Canuck,  I have fished with a guy that used to operate one of these and it seemed fine!  He claimed it didn't affect his motor what so ever.  Kinda nice trolling with it, do to no fumes or noise.  However!  You do need a pretty good battery bank to keep up with it!  Seemed to like the DC juice if you know what I mean...  I don't think you'll have a problem providing your motor is not undersized or borderline small.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.