FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Why do I always catch them 1 day too early?  (Read 8418 times)

boogfishin

Why do I always catch them 1 day too early?
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:38 PM »
Just fishing for some rock bass in the Canisteo River and I caught this hog!  I almost broke the law!  lol  Oh well, maybe she'll be there tomorrow!

MrMarty51

Re: Why do I always catch them 1 day too early?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 02:55 AM »
I`m happy to live in an area where whatever You catch whenever You catch it is legal,excluding paddlefish and there`s a season for them coming on real soon. 8)

"Every hour a person spends fishing is not taken from their lives"
                   Quote from Grant Boyson

tracker 1

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 07:49 AM »
Nice fish, my son did that a few years ago fishing for bull heads the night before the opener and landed a #10 plus eye, kept it long enough to take a picture and let it go.Hey Marty51 please explain what you just said about no season.Never heard of anything like that.

Neptune

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 08:55 AM »
Nice fish, my son did that a few years ago fishing for bull heads the night before the opener and landed a #10 plus eye, kept it long enough to take a picture and let it go.Hey Marty51 please explain what you just said about no season.Never heard of anything like that.

Not to step on Martys toes here, but one of the great things about living in Montana is that the lakes stay open all year round and the majority of fish in those lakes don't have a season.  So its "Fish On!" all year round!!!

The only exceptions I can think of are Bass(have a small closure during spawning season), and the Paddlefish Marty spoke of, oh and Bull trout in some lakes.... 

Its Frickin' Awesome!

Good Fishing!

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 06:53 PM »
well or like here in maine the season opens up on april 1st every year for open water fishing and from that day on you can catch and keep whatever accoriding to size and bag limits but there is no opener day for salmon then bass than perch ect. all is open on the same day and then the regulations change such as bass where from april to june the limit is 1 at 10 inches and must be caught on artifical lures than june through septmebe is 3 fish general law and so on the only exception is on some lakes that open up later than others such as our moosehead lake did not open to fishing till may 1st

MrMarty51

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 07:15 AM »
Not to step on Martys toes here, but one of the great things about living in Montana is that the lakes stay open all year round and the majority of fish in those lakes don't have a season.  So its "Fish On!" all year round!!!

The only exceptions I can think of are Bass(have a small closure during spawning season), and the Paddlefish Marty spoke of, oh and Bull trout in some lakes.... 

Its Frickin' Awesome!

Good Fishing!
Nope did`nt step on my toes at all.at least I never felt it. :rotflol: Neptune pretty much said it right there.I do know that if I would go to some of the waters in the western part of the state I would be checking on the regulations for the waters that I would be fishing.Eastern 1/2 of the state is wide open,except for the elusive Paddlefish. ;D

"Every hour a person spends fishing is not taken from their lives"
                   Quote from Grant Boyson

troutchaser

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 08:42 AM »
nice fish man

mt.redneck

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2014, 09:57 PM »
Nope did`nt step on my toes at all.at least I never felt it. :rotflol: Neptune pretty much said it right there.I do know that if I would go to some of the waters in the western part of the state I would be checking on the regulations for the waters that I would be fishing.Eastern 1/2 of the state is wide open,except for the elusive Paddlefish. ;D

got to love the big sky country  ;D ;D ;D ;D
God bless and tight lines!

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2014, 12:22 AM »
here in Idaho it's illegal to keep bull trout, and there are size restrictions on bass and such, but the only seasonal restrictions are specific to certain bodies of water, and usually it's just "catch and release from this date to this date"

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:16 PM »
NIce walleye Boog!  Congrats!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.