FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: About those fish pics where the fish gets pushed into the camera  (Read 5300 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
This is as close as I can get

Roccus wins... Jesus Murphy thats a great pic!

taxid

my favorite way to take a pic id from below subject a bit.  camera looking up slightly looks best to me.

most fish are held out a bit.  you can tell when its a true "strait arm" to make it look like something its not though.

Yep like I said you can't fool another angler.

What I don't get is when someone has an impressive fish and has to make it look even bigger which starts to make some question their credibility. I gave someone slack for that on the ice shanty forum and got grief for it even though I said I believed the fish was every bit as large as they said it was. They were yellow perch and it was as if they had a special lenses to exaggerate their size.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Yep like I said you can't fool another angler.

What I don't get is when someone has an impressive fish and has to make it look even better. I gave someone slack for that on the ice shanty forum and got grief for it even though I said I believed the fish was every bit as large as they said it was. They were yellow perch and it was as if they had a special lenses to exaggerate their size.

Taxid - you kinda hit the nail on the head here. A lot (if not most) of folks blame it on the guy holding the fish and having their arms held out. Yes, this happens no doubt but you would be surprised how often its the person taking the picture that can also control the outcome of the photo, regardless of how the angler is holding the fish. Give your camera to a fisherman and he will make it look big, but it will be noticeable and people will pick it apart, no doubt. Give that camera to a pro photographer and it will be much harder to pick apart. The key is the lenses and understanding when to use them like you mentioned as well as all the little details to get "the shot". Its a crazy game.
Wicked Wec

fishinator

I always hold the fish closer to the camera. I want a picture of the fish, not me. If i want to prove the size of a fish I take a pic on a bump board.

seamonkey84

I always hold the fish closer to the camera. I want a picture of the fish, not me. If i want to prove the size of a fish I take a pic on a bump board.
Bingo! I often take pics of my fish in the net, sometimes one hand just to hold it still while in the water. But then it’s nice when there’s another person to take a pic for you. Then again I’m mostly thinking about trout and even big panfish, I hardly ever take a pic of bass any more unless it’s really above my average size. Or the only fish after a long day.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

seamonkey84

My buddy got these, it’s not photoshopped I swear lol

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
I should do that to make those pig fish I raise look even bigger!

Wouldn't you have to step back a step or two so that the fish would be in the picture??? ;D
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

seamonkey84

Duke landed a whale today

zwiggles

Duke landed a whale today

You’re gonna need a bigger boat!

SLAYERFISH

You mean like this?

lowaccord66

I like big lakers.

And big walleye:

And big brown trout:

Whatever that hybrid is slayerfish...have not caught so Ill substitute a big striper:

I hold them however the camera guy says to. 

SLAYERFISH

Nice fish!  The hybrid is a Wiper.      White Bass/Striper cross

seamonkey84

Or the old fashion way
Thinning out our overpopulated lake trout

Hmm we forgot to take a pic of duke with his monster lake trout

Bartman44

You can enhance the effect by standing next to your 6 foot, 5 inch son, who has long arms.   ;D

filetandrelease

LOL even cell phones do a pretty good job of exaggerating

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.