FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513103 times)

filetandrelease

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3900 on: Sep 08, 2020, 06:27 AM »

That’s great Edd

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3901 on: Sep 08, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Nice harvest!!

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3902 on: Sep 08, 2020, 11:49 PM »
I have not planted potatoes in many years,is it still recommended to harvest after the plant starts to die back ?  I'm trying the barrel method and the plants are still pretty green. Should I wait a couple weeks yet ?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3903 on: Sep 09, 2020, 05:10 AM »
Mine were mostly browned out  when I pulled them. Doesn’t hurt to wait. Don’t water them any more at this point. Heck, dig a few up for dinner.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3904 on: Sep 11, 2020, 11:27 PM »

Onions did pretty good

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3905 on: Sep 13, 2020, 09:09 AM »
Picked a whole bunch of tomatoes to make marinara sauce later when it starts storming.   Some were huge. Still have a lot of green ones..
 Picked the rest of the zucchinis to shred and freeze for the winter. 
 And also scored a nice puffball... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3906 on: Sep 13, 2020, 09:42 AM »
Good day to make marinara. I’m doing up a batch tomorrow. Still lots of green tomatoes but there’s a bunch of San Marzano. Amazing how many I got from just 3 plants.

Beans are going crazy, radish crop is coming along nicely and we’ve been picking spinach almost every day.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3907 on: Sep 13, 2020, 09:46 AM »
I hope to still have a bunch of green ones to make pickled green tomatoes.   There  great......
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3908 on: Sep 13, 2020, 01:56 PM »
I tried making them a couple times. Wasn’t too thrilled with the outcome. Maybe need a better recipe.

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #3909 on: Sep 14, 2020, 07:54 PM »
I'll tell you there's alot of nice gardens on here, unbelievable but I learned from a older guy ( guessing about 90 ) local farmer and milk farm told me not to disturb my dirt after planting just keep everything watered and natural fertilizer , manure or compost and would have best garden ever ,and honestly he was right my garden has 3' weeds but never more produce ,I know there is a lot of "weed free" gardeners on here but it's definitely worked for me ,I've gotten more tomatoes and jalpenos then ever off many less plants may be I just got lucky but doing again next year

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3910 on: Sep 16, 2020, 04:09 PM »
Picked a nice meal of wax beans and spinach for dinner. I’ll have to pick a bunch tomorrow to share around the neighborhood.
Radishes are really happy in the trough planter.
Probably going to pull the tomatoes in the next couple days and plant more spinach. I’d plant some Swiss Chard, but my Bride isn’t a fan.

The season goes on for us.

Rg

Bartman44

« Reply #3911 on: Sep 16, 2020, 07:02 PM »
Nice Bob, we're pulling off a pile of  tomatoes tomorrow as well, the wife is going to make yet another round of sauce.

Today's pull from the garden was Pablano Peppers and we have plenty of them.   Wife made Chicken Stuffed Pablano tonight and hit a home run. Yummy.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3912 on: Sep 16, 2020, 07:13 PM »
Looks great Bart...

Bartman44

« Reply #3913 on: Sep 16, 2020, 07:17 PM »
Thanks Dom. I have the great fortune of being married to a great chef. I'd put her up against any of the Food Network cooks any day. 

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3914 on: Sep 16, 2020, 08:20 PM »
Sure does Bart.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.