FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513197 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3915 on: Sep 17, 2020, 04:14 AM »
Man that looks delicious Bart .

I’m pretty much down to smallish green tomatoes on my plants. They’re browning out too so they’re destined for the compost pile.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Dirt23

« Reply #3916 on: Sep 17, 2020, 06:10 AM »
Picked a nice meal of wax beans and spinach for dinner. I’ll have to pick a bunch tomorrow to share around the neighborhood.
Radishes are really happy in the trough planter.
Probably going to pull the tomatoes in the next couple days and plant more spinach. I’d plant some Swiss Chard, but my Bride isn’t a fan.

The season goes on for us.

Rg.
. Time for hoe out and fresh planting of cold weather crop got spinach and kale in last night.  Trying something new for winter gonna put carrots and onions in high tunnel no heat and supposed to be able to harvest in April we'll see how it goes.  I'm out of New Hampshire but we get a lot of advise from farmer in New York do any of you guys know of Neversink farm Connor Crickmore doing some really cool things worth checking out

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3917 on: Sep 17, 2020, 06:12 AM »
This time of year my garden gets optimal sun.  My house is on a hill facing north surround by pine trees. 
My only spot for a garden is on the south side of the house looking up hill with a clear shot. Great sun this time of year.
 My tomatoes and peppers are still growing strong.   So i will be covering them on these sketchy frosty nights .
 Every thing else is gone except the beets and potatoes..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3918 on: Sep 17, 2020, 11:57 AM »
Better double that cover this weekend Dom. It’s going to be cold here can’t  think of how cold it’ll get up where you are.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #3919 on: Sep 17, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Did 15 quarts of whole tomatoes today and tomorrow more jalpenos then I'm done haha I'm canned out ,and freezer full also so more time getting back to work

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3920 on: Sep 17, 2020, 03:32 PM »
Picked some beans and shared them with neighbors. Pulled a few tomato plants as well. Left the San Marzano and

Things are winding down in the gardens.

Rg

Bartman44

« Reply #3921 on: Sep 17, 2020, 03:55 PM »
Cool Beans!  8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3922 on: Sep 17, 2020, 04:02 PM »
Nice harvest Bob.
 I will be covering the garden best i can if it dies it dies..   
 I still need to catch some smallmouths and start getting ready for bow season.   ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #3923 on: Sep 17, 2020, 04:19 PM »
Those are nice looking beans raq

filetandrelease

« Reply #3924 on: Sep 17, 2020, 04:29 PM »

Luv Wax beans, mine are still going strong

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3925 on: Sep 17, 2020, 05:32 PM »
Us too Fred. For a 2’ x 4’ plot, these have been producing for 4 households.

Love sharing some with the neighbors. They like it too.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3926 on: Sep 18, 2020, 04:06 PM »
Covered all my flowers and flower boxes. Possibility of a frost the next few nights. Hope we don’t loose much. We’re not ready to see them go just yet.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3927 on: Sep 18, 2020, 04:58 PM »
Got everything covered what I wanted to try and save.  If it dont make it the electric fence is coming down and the deer can have the rest.... 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3928 on: Sep 18, 2020, 07:00 PM »
That’s about how I feel Dom.Whatever’s left the rabbits can have.

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #3929 on: Sep 18, 2020, 08:33 PM »
Exactly my shelves and freezer full !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.