FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gave it a shot  (Read 580 times)

BerkshireBass

Gave it a shot
« on: May 17, 2022, 07:13 AM »
I took a trip over to the Connecticut yesterday hoping for smallmouth and maybe a walleye of lucky. I caught fish… but the biggest one was maybe 1.5 pounds at best. I started at the French King bridge where the millers Rivera dumps in and caught a few smallmouth and largemouth. The milk snakes where everywhere, swimming across the river and basking in the rocks. After 2 hours of not being impressed with the quality or quantity of the fish I was catching there I decided to move.

At turners falls I managed to land a few smaller fish right below the fall and then found a pool with a lot of activity further down. I missed chances at at least 2 maybe three nicer fish, nothing huge but they would have been nice to land and caught a good number of small fish of varying species. Back up at the falls I got lucky and managed to land my first shad on a shad dart I found stuck in a rock. Overall not the day I was hoping for (I know how good the fishing on this river can be, I’ve experienced it before) but a fun day nonetheless especially considering I landed 9 species.

Species landed: LMB, SMB, rock bass, yellow perch, crappie, bluegill, pumpkinseed, brown trout, American shad

Best, BB

taxid

Re: Gave it a shot
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 09:47 AM »
Well I guess that's better than getting skunked.  Rivers are vastly underrated by a lot of anglers.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bogtrotter

Re: Gave it a shot
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 01:19 PM »
Nice job with regard to the variety of fish - - particularly the shad.

A lot of guys on the Chicopee this weekend were complaining about how the shad run seems to have petered out unusually early this year - - probably because of the drastic drop in water levels (and rise in temperatures) over the last couple weeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.